WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY JANUARY 8 2017

Morning all. Here's to a good week for all.

• Awwww - that's gorgeous.  What are you going to get up to today?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Boring food shopping, we're running out of everything.... Plus hoping to get some time online to sort out my photos. Yesterday I said I was determined to put on here the very last pics of our trip last October!

Got my Christmas card from my brother --  it always arrives around this time as although he lives in Johannesburg, he never posts his cards before Christmas Eve!  It will go on the top of the pile of stuff under the stairs, to be brought out and displayed next December, just as the last few cards have.....

• Lindybird said:
    Yesterday I said I was determined to put on here the very last pics of our trip last October!

I'll look forward to seeing those.

Poor old Limpy doesn't feel up to going as far as Lackford today - I just took him a nice, hot cuppa and he's in a lot of pain.  We could well make it to Trimley, though.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• LIMPY   Get wee soon please

• LINDY   love it, I guess that is catnav

• LOL!!!!!

• dibnlib said:

LIMPY   Get wee soon please

Thanks for that.  He has good and bad days - this is one of the less good ones.  Sadly, I've seen him worse.

• Sorry to hear about Limpy, Clare --  please give him a big {{HUG}} from me.

Shopping accomplished, here - and the sun is out, hooray!

The washing machine is doing strange things..... looks ominous... another bill could be on its way - wah!

• I, too, am sorry that Limpy is having a bad day, CLARE. I hope that tomorrow will be better for him.

Youngest family from Elgin came today. They brought lunch with them, so thoughtful. Then later on, eldest daughter and her OH arrived with their daughter Katie and also Amy, middle daughter's daughter. I feel so fortunate that three of my four children live either near or fairly near me. I don't ever ask them to come so it is especially nice that they are keeping a weather eye on me!

LINDY - don't like the sound of the washing machine, if you know what I mean.

I'm thinking about DIANE, MARGO, BRENDA.

WENDY - wonder what weather you have. I think that by tomorrow Inverness will be snow free.

My brother is shivering in Brittany but that has a lot to do with living in a very ancient house with an inefficient oil heating system and trying to eke out their log supply.

I heard from our Danish friends today. They will come here in the late Spring, as usual and maybe I will go back with them for a week or so.

• Good evening, all.  You'll be pleased to know that after a little more sleep Limpy found he was feeling a bit better so we went to Lackford after all!  I'm so glad we did as we got some beautiful sightings.  I'm going through my photos now (over 700 of them!!).