WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY JANUARY 8 2017

Morning all. Here's to a good week for all.

• Good morning, Annette, and thanks for starting the new thread.

It's another grey day here - Limpy and I are currently enjoying a nice, hot cuppa before we decide what mischief we get up to for the rest of the day.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning from me, too.  Rather a grey day, here, but at least it's not particularly cold.

Great that the builders are getting on, OG. Hope they can continue if the weather is right.

Not much exciting today: must carry on dusting & tidying now that the decorations are gone, plus the ironing basket is calling to me. Went to sis-in-laws with our discarded big tree yesterday, and took Bonnie with us. She was ecstatic, and ran around, looking into the dog toy basket and extracting the balls and bones. Then she disappeared, and appeared again with one of our hosts new bedroom slippers in her mouth!! Doh!

Hope everyone has a pleasant Sunday.

• Good morning ,all

Thanks, ANNETTE, for starting the new week.

CLARE & LIMPY - enjoy your day, whatever you decide to do.  It is misty again here, but less than yesterday.

We shall go to church, but J has decided not to come this week.  He isn't settled at our church, but has been with us for four weeks, so we are pleased he has been somewhere while he is still searching for a church where he is comfortable.

Haven't heard from builder yet whether he is definitely coming today.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Hello, LINDA - you snuck in just before me!  Sorry about Bonnie's misdemeanour - sound as if she was a bit over-excited!

• It's not unusual  behavior, OG - she loves any kind of shoe, and has to be kept apart from them! Thankfully, the slipper, a Christmas present, was just damp and not chewed!

Just come on to update my avatar to a fresh picture for a new year:  another poppy from our garden, of course ;-)

• Glorious sunrise here - but a reminder of "Red sky in the morning....." adage.  Weighed myself and found all those naughty leftovers I've been - ahem - cleaning up have, almost overnight, arrived right where I don't want them.

Lindybird: Lovely poppy and a cheerful choice. At least Bonnie rushed to show off her new slipper before any damage was done.

OG: How many churches for J to try are there in your area? Judging from what some friends of ours have said over the years, the pastor, priest, vicar in charge can make all the difference.

Clare: Smiled at the thought of you and Limpy plotting mischief.

Has Brenda been seen lately?

Best thoughts going to Heather and Margo.  Hope Diane isn't frozen in there in Indiana and staying warm...

• WHY oh why is it always the longer posts that you lose?

LINDY   that is a beautiful poppy, thank you

Heard from bro yesterday. It seems that Mum has deteriorated since we saw her a couple of weeks ago. He was concerned enough to call a GP out on 2nd Jan (a public holiday here) Her speech and walking are worse and there is a possibility she may have had a TIA. For the first time he mentioned a care home though I know he would much prefer to keep her at home though it gives him a lot of work. I am so pleased that we did see her in Dec as he has indicated she perhaps doesn't have much time left. In reality I lost my lovely Mum a few years ago.   I do get cross with my bro for not keeping in regular contact, but if it wasn't for him, Mum would have needed to go into care a long time ago.

• dibnlib:  I didn't realize your mother was living with your brother - must've missed that. There's no easy solution in this kind of situation, but it seems like you've all done your best and that your Mum has reached a point where your brother can't provide the care she needs. Perhaps there's a local source that can direct you to the better homes in his area and close enough that it would be easy for him to pop in often enough to keep a close eye on things. Do hope you and he can sort something out.  Meanwhile, can't answer your question about longer posts disappearing, but you're right!

• LINDY   That slipper story made me smile.  Back in 1993 OH had moved to Shetland and I was still in Ayr waiting to move up. I had a 8 week puppy to look after and our old goldie.  OH couldn't wait to see the pup so he came down to visit for a weekend.  We were packing up more clothes when said pup disappeared. Something made me suspicious so I made to follow him. "just leave him " said OH "he'll be fine" I beetled downstairs and found the angel about to start on one of OHs new and expensive shoes.  I was so glad that i had followed my instincts. I wonder if that was what started Fingals leather fetish?!! From then on shoes, handbags etc were fair game.

• LINDA - love that Poppy!  Name please?

ANNETTE - a few churches here and nearby, but reasons against many of them.  At least ours is without a minister - maybe that will be better, LOL!  Have tried to phone Brenda - nobody there - left a message this time.

DINBIB - sorry about your Mum's deterioration.  At least your brother has phoned now!  Only you two can decide about the next step in care arrangements, and I guess that is mainly up to him, having already taken the caring role.  I know it will be hard on you both if a care home is necessary.  So sad.

Builder never turned up nor phoned today - getting more annoyed about it!  Lots of meetings etc this week, so more up and down the old steps, although I could get down the new way at the back with care (no handrail) it would be awkward as OH would still have to go the other way to set the alarm.

Tomorrow we have lunch at the OTB, then monthly shopping at M&S and Asda, followed by Gardening Group meeting after dinner, trying out their new venue for accessibility.