WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2016

A new week - hope it is kind to all...

• Thanks, Heather!  - We had such a good time, I was wondering how to stow away on the ship and do it all again!

• Thank you for your post, Diane. Love and hugs to you.

Dibnlib, Sorry I missed your Birthday. A belated Happy Birthday.

Good to see you back home, Linda and that you had such a good time.

Margo's sister was quite ill this morning and required the Dr at home. Waiting to hear what is happening.

OH had an endoscopy yesterday. It took 5 hours of sitting and waiting, as one doctor was called away for an emergency and another took ill and went home !  CT scan next Friday. They didn't find anything, but his reflux has become much worse recently.

Daughter-i- L's operation is timed for 9am tomorrow morning and is expected to take 6 / 7 hours.

• BRENDA - Big hugs to you and all the family xx I don't think that you will get much sleep tonight.

Thank you for news of MARGO's sister.

• Morning all: More challenges this morning! Dog going home today so I got up early, popped the cover to his bed in the washer then put it back on the foam insert.  Came back in from the garage to find the cat had snuck into the kitchen and wee'd all over dog's clean bed.  Aaack. Cat in disgrace in front garden. Dog lolling in the a/c with me. Dog's bed cover back in washer. Wine chilling in fridge but the sun won't be over the yardarm for hours. However, just read that in mid-summer in the North Atlantic, that would be about 11 a.m.!! Where's my calculator.....

Heather: I wouldn't dream of cleaning daughter's home if she was there.  Not worth the aggro.

dibnlib: I'm feeling more like a wicked stepmother than a good fairy at this point!  Sorry about your cousin. What a worry for them.

AQ: Will check out your bus trip later.

Lindybird: Welcome back! That was fast - seems like you only just left.  Didn't you read the small print on the cruise brochure? You're not allowed on the scales for four weeks once you get home.

Brenda:  Thanks for the news from Margo and her sister - wish it were better.  Sounds like a medically themed weekend for you and yours. That's a long operation for DiL. Very best thoughts to you all.

Meanwhile, we're all agog (but not surprised) by the latest Trump revelations.  Geez Louise.  As someone in the Los Angeles Times wrote: Can we please vote now?   I'm soooo disgusted with it all.  Also see that UKIP types are making the headlines.  'Nuff said about all of them. Wasn't it Terry Thomas who used to say "What a shower!!"

• ANNETTE- Lightning must be of a jealous disposition, I think!

Heard the latest election stuff from your side of the pond. Not good.

• I was very sorry to see on Facebook that Diane has lost her dear brother. My thoughts are with Diane, her brothers partner and the family.

• Good evening – first stuff from J’s room going into loft tonight – starting selected preparations in advance of the hol next week as we all have medical appointments in the days reserved for decorating!

Dibnlib – sorry to see your Cousin is back in hospital – I hope it is not because of any further complications.

Heather – I hope your Brother and his Wife and their Son can all adjust to living together again in the house in France.  You are very keen, to be cleaning the new oven already!

Linda – welcome back!  Pleased you both had a good time.

Brenda – special thoughts and prayers for all your family tomorrow, especially, of course, your Daughter-in-Law.  Sorry your OH is having to undergo tests re the reflux issue.  I had thought Margo’s Sister was still in hospital in Bournemouth – hadn’t realised she was at home.  I think Margo herself will be quite low this weekend, isn’t she due to see consultant this Tuesday?  Such a lot for one family to be going through.

Annette – naughty Lightning – must be jealous of King’s newly washed bedding!

Should be a gentler day tomorrow – assume we shall go to church as usual in the morning and then do normal Sunday things.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Brenda - My thoughts are with you and your family. That is a very long operation. I pray there are no complications and there is a wonderful outcome for your DiL.

I hope all who are struggling with medical issues get some relief.

• Have just come back from dinner at a friend's house. Had a go at sorting the world, but didn't get beyond Europe. Over to you, Annette, but I see now that there is a lot to do on your side of the pond.

Annette, you are a real trooper helping your daughter with the menagerie. I wouldn't have a clue how to look after a horse!

I see that Lightning is having a protest at sharing space with the visiting dog. It is what cats do. I had a similar problem a while ago. She objected to a decorator who was working for us. She did something  unspeakable right in the middle of his dust sheet! He was not amused! (good natured though)

Brenda, thinking of you tomorrow. Sincerely hope things turn out well for your

D in L.

Heather, I also had problems with my new oven. Too complicated for me. I don't need half the functions, but I suppose that is how they are these days.

Welcome back, Lindy. Glad you had a good time. Look forward to hearing of your adventures.

Thinking of Diane and Margo.

Hello to AQ, Dibnlib and everyone else not mentioned.