WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2016

A new week - hope it is kind to all...

• Evening all (It's still Saturday here).  

Heather:  Spiral staircase gives us an idea of what's involved. Is this the daughter who's husband just found out that his job is secure? Hope OH enjoyed the visit.

OG: Sounds like you have a fairly vibrant congregation (or maybe it's just you and EE!). :-)  Glad the concert wasn't canceled like last week.

I feel guilty that Heather has done a beef stew for dinner and we're eating - oh dear - pizza.

Take care everyone.

• Good morning, all.  Well, I am making a good start this foggy Sunday morning!

J has decided he will come to church with us today to save his travelling time to continue plans for decorating his room during the October (two week) holiday at the end of the month.  We shall help and encourage (and OH will do most of the work and pay the bills), but he has had to start with simple steps like weeding out old magazines.

Porridge nearly ready, so must go now.  Wishing ALL a good week, and thinking of MARGO and sister and DIANE and brother.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• ANNETTE - thanks for starting the week.

Yes, this the daughter whose husband is no longer on the redundancy list. Let it please stay that way.

OG - So J is a bit of a hoarder? Unlike his Mum. I wonder who he takes after?!

A lovely day here and my OH is pruning a rambling rose. No ladder involved. I'm keeping a discreet eye on him.

I bet that DIBNLIB is enjoying the walk, today.

• yes HEATHER we had a great walk in wonderful sunshine though chilly in the shade. We just love LanE. Soup and coffee and a share cake at Carrbridge on the way home

Pic is of Loch Gamma and the burn which leads to Lan E.

• Lurker alert! I am so jealous seeing that photograph  - Last time in Scotland we stayed in Carrbridge and my Daughter and I we only recently saying we have to go back. A beautiful part of the world.

• Good, DIBNLIB that you had another enjoyable day. I have told the local family about the Carrbridge eating house!

HARELADY- Yes, we are very lucky to live here :-)

• HARELADY  As my husband was in the RAF we have lived all over the UK. We have lived as far south as Bucks and as far north as Shetland. I always knew that the Moray Coast was where I wanted to settle and despite his southern routes my Oh agreed. As Heather said, we are very lucky.

• That picture made my heart beat just a little faster.  I have always loved Scotland - I have friends all over the place - and haven't been able to get up for the last couple of years.  I am hoping to spend a few days in the Borders later this month - can't wait to breathe that lovely air and see those sharp colours.  And next year ... Mull and the Highlands!

• In and out in a hurry tonight - we let it get late while watching "Strictly ..." right through although intending to only watch half after dinner and other half later!

Not done a lot today - spent a while after church talking (listening) to old ladies - by which I mean ladies of 90!  I somehow had volunteered to collect names for when we go see our minister inducted in his new church; younger ones came to me, but I started asking the older ones, and they all wanted to talk to me, bless them!

Afternoon disappeared in various jobs at home, preparing dinner, planning diary dates etc.  J said he was confused because I cooked a turkey dinner which suggested Christmas!  He's now busy with his ironing, while OH is putting stuff on the church website.

DIBNLIB - lovely photo - brings back memories for a lot of us.

HEATHER - did I ever say I was pleased your daughter and S-I-L have a house of their own now, and that his job is safe?  Sorry about your OH hearing loss - I expect he was pleased to be out in the garden this afternoon - it has been a lovely day here, after a foggy start early on.

PAT - when we used the Borders route to cross from Dumfriesshire to N Northumberland recently, we said we must be due a holiday there soon - maybe next year.  Not far from here, and could visit most of the Borders towns on day trips, but it is such a lovely area, so we love spending time there.  I hope you get your trip there soon.

Must go - back tomorrow!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Lovely picture, Dibnlib. As others have said, Lucky you!