Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 November 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here. Be sure to check the end of last week's thread for several new posts and a lovely photo from Limpy.

The Full Moon is Wednesday! Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Hi Annette, Poor Lightning.  He is going through it, the last couple of weeks. How old is he ?

• BRENDA- I'm sorry to hear about your OH. At least you know that it is not cardiac. My OH has taken both omeprazole and lansoprazole previously but the only thing that works is esomeprazole (Nexium)once daily and Gavison liquid taken twice daily. All these drugs from the same family of course but for some reason, Nexium works better for him. I hope that you get a better night tonight xx  

• ANNETTE- my brother insists that he will get a taxi from train station but it is quite likely that OH will go and collect him. Poor old Lightning :-(

• Sat afternoon and another dark and wet day, though I did pop out to the greenhouse to visit Geraniums and Fuchsias.  One of the latter was tiny in spring so spent the whole summer in the g/house and has rewarded us with continuous profuse flowering from May until now, and continuing – daren’t move it indoors as the blooms would probably drop off in change of temp and humidity!

Margo – pleased to see your new flooring was being done at last; I hope the job was not too noisy and disruptive for you – and Billie!  Pleased you can go out to celebrate OH birthday, and special thoughts for Tuesday.

Linda – tiler finished sticking tiles on walls Friday, so will be back to grout them Monday – still no word when shower enclosure will arrive and be fitted, and the finishing touches done by the joiner.  Pleased the two puppies had fun, but I expect the one evening was enough!  I hope you are enjoying a wonderful day with the Grandsons; has Bonnie gone with you?

AQ – sad for you to contemplate the farm where you grew up being destroyed by the big bushfire.   

Annette – pleased Grandson is growing up so thoughtful and pleasant; must have made it a special Thanksgiving for you.  Sorry about Lightening and the diabetes – maybe you can control it with diet, having found out while it is just a mild case.  We once had a seriously diabetic Hamster – sadly not much we could do for her.

Brenda – sorry your OH is having a bad time with the reflux problem – but sounds as if his doctor is well on the case!

Heather – sorry you are still reacting to exposure to the sun – I thought you knew better than to take risks like that!

Waiting for J to come home and will then need to put finishing touches to Pizza – been another day of little bits and pieces of jobs – including ironing which I shared with OH.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Fantastic to see GB 2-1 up against Belgium in the Davis Cup Final. Two singles matches tomorrow and we only have to win one of them to win the cup.

• Brenda:  Awful not to be able to sleep well. Do you have a spare bedroom? We use ours quite often so at least one of us gets a good nights' sleep. Lightning is female (though you couldn't tell from the name) - and she's right about 18 years old....

OG: Congrats on the greenhouse blooms. Indeed, grandson's visit did evoke special "thanks."

Diane: Hope you're back safely from bros. I will start Weekly Chat if you like, as long as nobody minds me messing up Posh Link.

Off to hit the road....

• OG Of course you are right, I should know better but in my defence I have never ever had a skin reaction to sun/heat like this eruption, red bumps and extremely itchy!! I just don't feel comfortable sitting in the sun or working in the garden when it is hot.  So I've never bothered with sunscreen except what is already in the face creams etc that I use.

Obviously something has changed physiologically - probably age related:-)))))
  • Annette, We do have four bedrooms, but there was no way I could ignore OH's problems last night. He did leave the bedroom and sat downstairs, but I couldn't leave him, without checking how he was feeling. He doesn't moan or give in to pain normally.   If he had a cold, I usually move out to a different bedroom.

• Hello, we are back home after a good day with the family - except for a horrible journey home in pouring rain.  Thank goodness there are less big lorries on the motorway on a Saturday.

• Glad you had a lovely time with the family, LINDY X