Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 November 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here. Be sure to check the end of last week's thread for several new posts and a lovely photo from Limpy.

The Full Moon is Wednesday! Everyone have a wonderful week!

• I am now going to watch the tennis. Sorry to see that we lost the first match. I feel so sorry for Kyle Edmund.

• Morning all:

OG:  Wonderful that you had a good laugh! When I was with my friend in Seattle, we got into a laughing fit at one point that had us both bent over and speechless.  It doesn't happen as often as it used to....or should.  :-)

Lindybird: I had no idea there was no chocolate in Sticky Toffee!  Will try it this evening. Stay tuned.  Re TVs, we have a large one in the living room, which is open plan with the kitchen there too. However, when I'm chopping veggies, etc., I have my back turned to it, which is a bit of a pain given that I like to watch telly as I prepare dinner (and cooking isn't my favorite pastime).  There is room for a smaller TV nearby, but that would be awfully decadent, especially as we have to pay for extra cable boxes for each TV to receive signals. :-)  Ha!  When you talk about the cost (of TV's) "evening out" over the years, that's what my OH and I said to console ourselves when we paid Lightning's bill for her dental care!   

Brenda: Thanks for the tip re Sticky Toffee; will tone it down with lots of vanilla ice cream and report back. :-)   Grandson's food parcel included only non-vegan dessert and appetizers that could either be taken home with him or shared with girlfriend's non-vegan Dad.

Lightning and Peanut have just had breakfast; my turn now.

• ANNETTE- agree that sticky toffee pudding is very sweet but strangely, although I don't have a sweet tooth, sometimes I can't resist it. I have never made it myself but eldest daughter does and it is yummy.

Glad that your grandson enjoyed his meal with you both.lovely that he has turned out to be a super young man:-)

I'm still catching up with laundry but feeling dozy due to antihistamines. I don't sunbathe but didn't use sunscreen when we were in Madeira. How stupid am I? Must have got the sun's rays inadvertently cos now have a nasty itchy rash on chest and shoulders. Got hydrocortisone cream when over there, now taking aforementioned tablets as well. Will go to Iceland for next holiday.

• So glad to see that Andy Murray did win, but it wasn't an easy match for him, although he got through in three sets.  He also lost a point for swearing, twice.

Heather, Sorry you are suffering from some sunburn. Not pleasant for you.

• Feeling tired today after night out and fairly busy day!  Will make replies tomorrow.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Good Morning, All.  Awoke wondering how the Sticky Toffee Pud went down at Annette's. It certainly is sweet, usually, and you only need a small portion. I made fairy cakes to take with me today when visiting the family: I deliberately made too much cake mixture so that I could make one larger cake on the side for my OH, who can't resist when he smells baking!

Sorry to hear that there's been another fatal shooting incident in USA: and one was a brave Police officer.

Must haul myself out of my warm bed and get going, as we're off to see our grandsons, where apparently we may go to theschool Christmas Fair.  Oh, and little Matthew has a huge bump on his forehead, from "crawling too fast & not looking where he's going, so he went into the wall!!" 

• PS - Sorry about the sunburn, Heather, easily done when there's a cool breeze in the sunshine so you're not aware. Hope the creams help.

• Thought you might be feeling lonely, LINDY!

A horribly wet day here.

Snow is around but not here in town. I hope that my brother has an OK train journey tomorrow! AQ- I wish I could say that he enjoys train travel. It is a well known fact that he hates it! He won't get here until almost midnight. I will make a chicken soup tomorrow in case he wants it when he arrives. It will be far too late for him to eat anything heavier, I think.Other than that it will be cheese or ham sandwiches.We'll wait and see...

• Morning all:

Lindybird: Sticky toffee pud still in fridge as remaining portions of pecan and pumpkin pies (I bought small 6" pies so we wouldn't be forced to overindulge!) were sitting looking at us.  Don't even get me started on that shooting (which one you may well ask!). I met some Canadians from Prince Edward Island on my trip to Seattle and once again wondered if I could stand the climate - even on the West Coast, of Canada which would be far milder than the East Coast.  Poor Matthew. Zoom, zoom, smack! Those walls do creep up on you, don't they?  :-)

Heather: Suspect you'd need to take your sunscreen (and sunglasses) even to Iceland.  Will your OH pick up bro from train station?  Soup sounds like the perfect option at that time of night.

Best thoughts to all and hope Margo and her OH get out to his birthday dinner.

Must do grocery shopping today and scope out different cat food for Lightning who, it turns out, is mildly diabetic. Sigh.

• Very wet here too, since 2pm. I did notice the snow in your area, Heather.

OH had to see the Dr this morning. Hardly any sleep for either for us, last night. Dr increased the Omeprazole, pro tem. OH to have blood tests Monday and a follow up appointment with the Dr on Tuesday. All other systems apparently ok. I must admit the Dr. was very thorough with his examination, even gave OH an ECG.

I do hope your brother's journey will be without any problems, Heather. A very windy day for most of us tomorrow.

A HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your OH, Margo