Leighton Moss 1-2 /2/2018

Some picture from LM while I called up to get a tripod and head from a chap on the M6 Lancaster services.

Some were taken down on the salt marsh and some on the reserve so a bit of a mix with having two cameras on the go :)

I should save this for the best of the month but its to nice to save it that long :)

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Wow Jim, a very impressive looking set up but I'd need more than a dual harness to carry that lot   lol     Out of interest, what does it weigh, ie.,  the Gitzo tripod, Wimberley Mark 2 Gimbal mount (without the camera/lens)  ?     Even the camo protection would cost a fortune without the rest of it !   sounds like you got a good deal so enjoy the new kit.

Regards, Hazel 

• That's certainly an impressive piece of kit, Jim. It should be great for shooting videos as well as still photography. Not sure I would have the strength or stamina to lug it around

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Unknown said:

Wow Jim, a very impressive looking set up but I'd need more than a dual harness to carry that lot lol Out of interest, what does it weigh, ie., the Gitzo tripod, Wimberley Mark 2 Gimbal mount (without the camera/lens) ? Even the camo protection would cost a fortune without the rest of it ! sounds like you got a good deal so enjoy the new kit.

Comes out at seven and half pounds Hazel.

Unknown said:

That's certainly an impressive piece of kit, Jim. It should be great for shooting videos as well as still photography. Not sure I would have the strength or stamina to lug it around

It is Tony, and very smooth without any noise so should be good for videos like you say.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Jim, Hazel and TJ are right--wow and very impressive!  Looks like fun as well so I imagine you will have many happy hours using it in future!

Kind regards, Ann

• Nice one, Jim. If you plan to carry it with the camera mounted it's easier to carry it with the legs extended which will give it a better balance when over your shoulder. If you fold one of the legs all the way in and under you can hold onto it with your arm rested in a more comfortable and natural downward position. With a small bit of modification these gel knee pads (here) can help a lot to cushion the effects on your shoulder. You can make one good shoulder pad out of the pair by cutting and joining the Velcro straps (longer round the legs and shorter under the head).

My bird photos HERE

• Unknown said:

Jim, Hazel and TJ are right--wow and very impressive! Looks like fun as well so I imagine you will have many happy hours using it in future!

I sure I will Ann :)

Nice 1 Paul, not thinking of carrying it around but that is a good idea will make one up just in case you never know what you are going to do when your out and about.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Two more Greylags added to the BTO database :) saw these on the field near the railway crossing coming back from the salt marsh.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group