Leighton Moss Visit Day 4 (21-06-17)

I had a really bad migraine at the start of the day, but having drunk plenty of water and consumed several types of tablet, I set off with Hazel and Mike for LM. We were dropped off at the Causeway entrance and made our way to the hide. We had been there just a minute or so when the heavens opened and a torrential downpour began. I wasn't really up to taking photos but took one of the Mute Swans in the rain before retiring to the back of the hide. Mike arrived and had largely avoided the rain. The Caspian Tern was the star of the show. I have just put one pic here. The others have their own thread.

Mute Swans in the rain

Is this a female Reed Bunting?

Caspian Tern

When the rain subsided, I left the hide and went to the café to get tea and a toasted teacake. The migraine was starting to clear up.

Another spat between PTR and Pathway Robin

An unhappy looking Pathway Robin

Another stand off

the pair of them took to the trees and started to preen. This being Pathway Robin.

Propane Tank Robin

Back to the feeding log. Not a brilliant pic of the Nutty, but it shows off those amazing claws.

Marsh Tit

So many Robins, so little time!

Female Chaffinch

The Bank Vole returned

I think this was the first time I had seen a Nuthatch on a horizontal perch

It looks so odd

'Bee Tree' near the Grisedale/Tim Jackson Hides

A very imperious looking juvenile Robin

A slightly soggy Robin

Finally the sun came out and my migraine was pretty much gone

Excuse the table manners!

My guess is that none of these Mallards has a Blue Badge for that parking spot!

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Nice set particularly the detail on the robin in 20th pic, facing front and the Caspian Tern ain't half bad either.  I loved the trained meet and greet Mallys by reception entrance lol

Regards, Hazel