Leighton Moss 25/11/2016

A few pictures taken at LM yesterday.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Hi Jim

It so happens that I was there with Hazel (Hazy) and her OH (Mike) on the 23rd and for a couple of earlier visits to LM. They'd kindly invited me to join them on a visit to Cumbria. What a pity we couldn't have all met up. Although we've never met, Hazel has told me all about you. Being a soft southerner I wasn't sure I could survive the frozen north .... but I did ...just.

We found LM surprisingly quiet and like you the small birds were one of the highlights. I'm sure I recognise those logs and they are probably still eating the mealies and seeds that H carries as you well know.

Anyway, cracking set of photos and I'm sure when Hazel sees this thread she will be commenting and posting the stuff that we saw at LM and elsewhere in due course to which I will be adding my photos.

Wait 'til you see her video of the Great White hopefully to the accompaniment of the Jaws theme tune .... no pressure H.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Lovely snaps James, thanks for sharing.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Hi Jim,    Great set of photos and we were all pretty lucky (on the whole) with the weather although as Tony says it was relatively quiet on the reserve.     Mike and I will be back over the Christmas period for another break, after all, someone has to keep that cheeky Lillian's Hide robin fed with mealies   lol     

Unknown said:
    Wait 'til you see her video of the Great White hopefully to the accompaniment of the Jaws theme tune .... no pressure H.

lol Tony ........working on it   !!!    won't be tonight though. 

Regards, Hazel 

• A lovely collection, Jim--thanks for posting!  And I've been waiting (and waiting!) for pics from Hazel and Tony....

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:
    And I've been waiting (and waiting!) for pics from Hazel and Tony....

Crikey, Ann, give me a chance, I've  only just got home. I  need at least 24  hours to recover.  LOL

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Oh, alright, I'll let you off then, Tony.  I can probably wait another day or two if I must.

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:
    I've  only just got home. I  need at least 24  hours to recover.  LOL

lol Tony !!   we did rather drag you from pillar to post on our whistle stop tour, hope we haven't caused you any permanent muscle damage or that I've burned out your ear-drums  rofl   !!      We did have fun though with LHR and listening to the description of those Whopper swans  ;)   !!!

lol Ann,    was rather quiet on the various reserves generally and some birds like M.Harrier very distant and a lot of the time taken in rather challenging light (or should that be dark ? )  so don't get your hopes up too high for my photos  !!     I'll try work some more on them tomorrow.

Regards, Hazel 

• Hi Tony, shame I never knew you were calling up to LM or I would have called in, me Hazy and Mike had a great time when we were there the last time to togeather and no need for the wellies this time :)

Can't wait to see the video of the Great White :)

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Thanks Catlady.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Thanks Hazel, I will be calling back up again before Christmas, and yes the Lillian Hide robin was there next to me sadly no mealies but it did take some seed I took with me sadly to close for the 400mm lens lol

And yes it will be nice to see your video of the Great White.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group