Leighton Moss 22-11-2015

Nice sunny day at Leighton Moss today not sure what tomorrow will bring, hope its not rain or I will have to get waders lol
Got my fist decent pictures of a male Beaded Tit, hope to get some better ones tomorrow :)

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Great image Jim, pleased to hear you had such a sunny day ... bet it was cold though!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I was well wrapped up Wendy and no it was not cold but i was not going to chance it with taking something off :)

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Bring your wellingtons if you want to get round the reserve :)

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• My first Siskin at LM

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Morning Jim, lovely photos and glad you saw the Beardies but I don't like the look of the flooded pathways as guess who's heading up to Leighton Moss in five minutes - without wellies  !!!   Mike, Paul (MC) and I are booked in overnight near Carnforth with two days at the Moss so looks like I'll have to stop off en-route for my wellingtons !   There are two pairs in the garage for Paul and Mike so I may need water-wings as they abandon me  lol    Won't have internet up there so will update when I get back.     If you are reading this Jim and heading there today look for three drowned rats in the cafe eating Lemon Drizzle cake   rofl  !!!       Have fun :)   !!!

Regards, Hazel 

• Nice meeting up with you all today at the Moss Hazel, just having a beer at the hotel so using the phone will switch the computer up and post a couple of pictures

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Hi Jim, great to see you on Sunday !

We are still waiting to get the perfect shot of a tree creeper but Adele managed to feed one of the Robins by hand, ( A first for her )

I managed to get a tack sharp shot of that Gold Crests Back I told you about lol ! It then managed to disappear. typical !

Hope your wellies were long enough for the water, we have never seen it this bad before.

Great shot of the  Beaded Tit, keep them coming.

Hope to bump into you soon. Best wishes Andy & Adele.

• Evening Jim & folks, great  seeing U today & hopefully catch up tmrro.   Am typing on mobile so struggling with keyboard ! In Longlands pub & my fish & Chips just arrived to table ! Will b able to update properly with pics when I get home tmrro.    Ta ta for now.  Lol

Regards, Hazel 

• It was nice seeing you again Andy/Adele, glad Adele was able to feed one of the Robins, and yes the water was high but my wellies were good and never got my feet wet or cold had them on today but a lot of the water had gone down some but you still needed them in parts were a lot of people found out :(

Got a picture of a tree creeper today and a few other little one, Hazel, knows seeing I bump into herself and her OH Mick, and met MC too, we had a nice time with the Robins to some quick movies of them landing on his hand if you could call it landing lol

Evening Hazel, it was very nice seeing all three of you we had a good laugh and saw some nice wildlife hope tomorrow is as productive as today and yes knowing what you look like makes things easier, just had a meal here and it was fantastic if it wasn’t I could have told the butcher who does the meat for them lol

And thank you for the scone and tea it was very kind of you to offer me sad about the Lemon drizzle not being on anymore I was looking forward to some :( I will catch you again tomorrow and hope it stays dry like it did today.

ttfn Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Great that you were all able to meet up at the Moss!  Did you get wet feet, Hazel?!  Looking forward to more photos from you, Jim, and for photos from Hazel and MC.  Hope you have a good day tomorrow.  As for Lemon Drizzle--I heard somewhere that menus are being standardised--arrrgh!  So much nicer to have local specials.

Kind regards, Ann