Paid for hides

been having a bee in my bonnet for a while regarding paying to go in hides at old moor. I am seriously debating leaving RSPB altogether, how many other RSPB sites in the UK have 2 hides that you have to pay extra on top of your membership to enter. Hopefully someone from RSPB can answer that one, the whole of the organisation should be for all of the members but if you have a camera and want to take pictures of what you see you have to pay more. The POV hide is aimed at photographers but you have to pay to enter, correct me if I am wrong but this hide was from a grant so does not need to generate anymore money other than the normal entry fee. I have been told it's aimed at pro photographers when did this become RSPB philosophy. Been to other sites and mentioned the pay as you go hides and the staff have never heard of this and were quite gobsmacked. Love the site, staff in the shop are great and a lot more approachable than guy who I saw in the tree sparrow farm, who looked at me as though how dare you speak to me when I mentioned making the holes larger so the lenses will fit through. I know there are others out there who share my feelings on the hides, feel free to vent yourselves at no cost.