And to think i nearly stayed at home today to do some housework.........

My house is a tip. I am in the process of decluttering and today was going to be a great clearout day. As I opened the curtains that plan evaporated.  I was expecting a view of intense greyness but instead it was golden. 

Pulling into the Old Moor car park 1hr 30 mins later is was still bright and sunny. I skipped my usual breakfast and headed for the reed beds. It was stunning there and As I apporched the reedbed screen in got my first sighting of 4 beardies on the right - feeding on the seed heads.  I was able to a get a few poor shots  - it was direct into the sun and I had to make some extrreme alterations to my camera settings. But they were lovely to see. They crept along  moving low in the reeds and I got glimpses of them walking over patches of ice. They turned toward the reedbed hide and were moving quite fast. At the end of the path the reeds thin out and  plenty of pinging heralded their arrival. There were definietly four but may have been six. 

And here they gave us the most wonderful show. Climbing the reedes and nibbling the seeds. Im not sure how long there were there but at least 40 mins. Then one by one they flew over the path and away. 

I had to have a sit down in the hide as my arms were dropping off and the my back was mounting a protest.  It was pure joy. 

So my house is still a tip and I will have to continue my decluttering tomorrow - unless when I open  the curtains.........