Nature on Your Doorstep Community

A place to learn, share and inspire others to create a haven for you and for wildlife.

Sign In or Register to join the conversation

Rainy Day Post !!!!

I had difficulty finding the right forum for this but I think this forum fits the bill call it a rainy day post if you like

For those with new cameras here is some fun and challenges for you - " Catch the Rainbow " Post your snaps of Rainbows here

To motivate you a bit here is an interesting link all about Rainbows

http://www.atoptics.co.uk/rainbows/bowims.htm

Have fun

Best wishes

Colin D

PS if you are still not in the mood try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV8x2HKTRdM

Visit http://www.ukwildlife.dial.pipex.com for Natural History Species and accounts

• Woodpecker said:

Hi WLR

After seeing all of these wonderful rainbow photos, I'm now properly motivated although I don't have a polarising filter for my lens.

Still I will have a go if we ever get any rain here.

Thanks for the tips :-)

Hi Woodpecker,I am afraid i just point and click ha ha.  

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .

• Sheena, that is so good to know as I can now have a go.:-))

This is a lovely thread, it may sound daft but I always feel uplifted and happier whenever I see a rainbow. Why have I never thought about taking a photograph of one?

All your photographs are absolutely stunning, yet again an impressive display.

Woodpecker, the forecast was for fine weather today, I woke up and it was STILL raining!

Kind regards Jane.

• How did I miss this thread yesterday!!!

Stunning pictures one and all

......... I once took a picture of a double rainbow across Rannock Moor that spread across a clear blue sky, following huge storms, where the moon could be seen too

It was so magical and I snapped away completely lost in the moment.......

Back home I discovered I had forgotten to load a film (aaaarggghhh) and so I offer my virtual, ethereal rainbows and moon for you to imagine until I can get back (with a digital camera) and hopefully capture it in a photo.

Jaimie x

"out beyond ideas of right doing and wrong doing there is a field. I will meet you there"   Rumi

• Best and most amasing one I ever saw was  not so much a rainbow but a Raincircle we flew threw it in the chopper comming back onshore from the rig in the Northsea. One of the most wonderful things I have ever seen in my life and dont think I will ever forget it!

Cheers

AL

If its no fun Yer no doin it right!

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 22/07/2010 07:18 in reply to Woodpecker

hi Chris

The Rainbow pictures on his thread are fabulous

They give us hope and we may have the same chance to catch a Rainbow on camera.

Colin's (WLR) advice for so may things is very useful and I for one find everything very informative

Love to see any of your pictures if your have any 'views' of interest {thumbs up}

Regards

Kathy and Dave

Woodpecker said:

Hi WLR

After seeing all of these wonderful rainbow photos, I'm now properly motivated although I don't have a polarising filter for my lens.

Still I will have a go if we ever get any rain here.

Thanks for the tips :-)

• Some lovely photo's of rainbows on here.  Here is one taken a few years ago on the south coast, can't remember exactly where somewhere around Bournemouth I think.

Very hard to get a picture of a rainbow as we don't get much rain do we !!  ha ha

What a wonderful world :))

• Lovely shot! Nice to see a rainbow over the sea!

"All weeds are flowers, once you get to know them" (Eeyore)

My photos on Flickr

• You are soooooo right ha ha L, never a drop of rain here either ha ha.Lovely pic.

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .