Nature on Your Doorstep Community

A place to learn, share and inspire others to create a haven for you and for wildlife.

Sign In or Register to join the conversation

Tree Surgery - photos

Tree Surgeons arrived today to take down one huge oak branch which had split down the middle during the recent bad storms, so for those interested in garden maintenance  lol   here are the pics ;)

The branch in question which we would normally need Council permission to cut down, however as this was dangling precariously over the summerhouse, we were able to get this branch and surrounding felled without formal consent.   

probably close to 100ft high and the branch somewhere around 35ft

and now the next photos are for the ladies    lol    feast your eyes !

The wonderfully skilled tree surgeons ....

Nice :)    lol

It was twice as high as this bit of the tree !!

sorry, sky turned pretty grey and the pic is not the best - the guy working is so high up in the tree, way above the branch to be cut as he has to tie it in several places so as to swing it away from the summerhouse ..................which they did, missing it by      Arrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh     inches   lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Unknown said:

You could build an Ark.

I've had a bee in my bonnet for years about the reconstruction of a boat "l'hermione"  originally built for La Fayette. Its a huge project started in 1997 & almost finished. They announced at the start how many beautiful oaks would be needed & I've hated the thing ever since. THEY HAVE CUT DOWN OVER 2000 of the biggest & best oaks to build a useless relic. Unbelievable.

Oh well got that off my chest!

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France