Nature on Your Doorstep Community

A place to learn, share and inspire others to create a haven for you and for wildlife.

Sign In or Register to join the conversation

Tree Surgery - photos

Tree Surgeons arrived today to take down one huge oak branch which had split down the middle during the recent bad storms, so for those interested in garden maintenance  lol   here are the pics ;)

The branch in question which we would normally need Council permission to cut down, however as this was dangling precariously over the summerhouse, we were able to get this branch and surrounding felled without formal consent.   

probably close to 100ft high and the branch somewhere around 35ft

and now the next photos are for the ladies    lol    feast your eyes !

The wonderfully skilled tree surgeons ....

Nice :)    lol

It was twice as high as this bit of the tree !!

sorry, sky turned pretty grey and the pic is not the best - the guy working is so high up in the tree, way above the branch to be cut as he has to tie it in several places so as to swing it away from the summerhouse ..................which they did, missing it by      Arrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh     inches   lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Hope you put pic 3 on the appropriate thread aitch!! Rofl

Edit:  bet you had many useful 'feeder' logs from that ... pretty massive chunk of wood!!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Sorry Hazy, this just won't do. LOL

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Spoilsport TJ!!  A tad jealous are we?? Rofl

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I would just like to add i was only looking at this thread from an interest in trees... had nothing to do with the rest of the title of this thread.... ahem.

• LOL !!  

@ Wendy,  it never crossed my mind to put in on "that" thread, but what a good idea  lol       I have saved tons of lovely logs and bits of the tree for feeders and towards the log pile/stumpery  :)      Oak is such a strong wood and this was a healthy branch - but split  lol

@ TJ,   hey,  thats the best bit you've covered up  lol

@ Mrs. T    I believe you totally - thousands wouldn't  !  

I've got to say it was hard to concentrate on getting or dinner of roast lamb cooked !  

Regards, Hazel 

• Hello Hazy,

that certainly were two good-looking lads, and the one with  a very sympathetic smile.

But:

Unknown said:
    It was twice as high as this bit of the tree !!

I am very glad that my job takes most of the time place on the floor.

• Unknown said:

LOL !!  

@ Wendy,  it never crossed my mind to put in on "that" thread, but what a good idea  lol       I have saved tons of lovely logs and bits of the tree for feeders and towards the log pile/stumpery  :)      Oak is such a strong wood and this was a healthy branch - but split  lol

@ TJ,   hey,  thats the best bit you've covered up  lol

@ Mrs. T    I believe you totally - thousands wouldn't  !  

I've got to say it was hard to concentrate on getting or dinner of roast lamb cooked !  

I needed to check it out, just in case there was any inappropriate material.... and there wasn't ;)

• Hi Bente,  I just don't know how they do this job, I have no head for heights and they are as good as Cyril clambering up the trees  lol     This is a great company of Tree Surgeons who have done work for us in the past and they send all these lads to college for training.   Some of the work is just to scary to watch and I was amazed how large the branch looked when they got it down to the ground.    I have some nice wood now for Doggie(Alan) type feeders and some logs for the pile and stumpery :)

Regards, Hazel 

• LOL   I only realised later that the title was a bit risque sounding so I don't blame you Mrs. T   !!!    In fact, I think I will change it slightly as I'm not sure I approve  LOL

Regards, Hazel 

• Its too late now Hazy, the chaos has already ensued :)