Plants, flowers and shrubs; Share your photos here

As I sit here, on yet another dismal, wet and grey weekend, chomping away at some toast and marmalade Mrs PR has kindly done for me, along with a nice cuppa, and sorting through the few photos I've managed to grab so far this year, I think I recalled a thread some time back of plants or flowers people have seen, but couldn't find anything in the searches.

So, without further ado, I thought why not set a thread up for , where all can share their photos, not just in the wild, but the garden, local municipal parks, anywhere, because without these plants, there wouldn't be nature.

It's not unusual to see flowers virtually all year through, not because of global warming, climate change or whatever scenario you prefer to use, but because some plants are hardy and prefer to be winter borne. But for many, the first flowers they really see properly, are snowdrops in February, followed by crocuses (late February- Mach) and then the delightful daffodils (March/April)., bluebells (April time), and much more.

So lets put some colour back into the grey world, spring is coming, so here's a few to set things going.

February; snowdrops

February: Sweet Violet

March: the first daffs in bloom

March: always a sign that spring is on the way, the primrose

March; crocuses (from a local municipal park)

March; mini daffs in our garden

and some proper daffs in the garden, starting to bloom

BTW, I've seen my second bee of the year, having a nosey around the daffs above, the first was late Feb, the second was earlier today, but on both occasions, the weather wasn't right to get the camera out...

• ...same colour,  different fragrance: Lilacs of 2021. They're blooming everywhere right now  :-)

• Hi Mart1

Yes it is lovely to see all the Trees and shrubs,bursting forth with their blossoms and smells.

Just hope the rain knows when to stop, or we will all be working overtime with new growths..
  • SunnyKate2 said:

Lovely to look down the garden on very wet and gloomy day,and see the colours beginning burst through.

It might be a dull day, but the view still looks good.

• Hi SunnyKate2 and Mike B ! Yes, every day leaves and weeds are growing visibly. While some blooms dissapear, new show up. And nothing is so fresh like the smells of a garden or meadow after rain.

On the photo: Lily of the valley , planted with love by neighbours in our appartment house.

Have a great weekend everyone :-)

• Mart 1 said:

Hi SunnyKate2 and Mike B ! Yes, every day leaves and weeds are growing visibly. While some blooms dissapear, new show up. And nothing is so fresh like the smells of a garden or meadow after rain.

Have a great weekend everyone :-)

Yes, those wonderful weeds.....
    It seems it was a waste of time, and money, putting weed killer down with the current weather.....
  • What a garden and what a panorama! You're blessed to live there, Sunny Kate  :-)

• Our grass is getting close to be cut, but before that happens, I thought I'd get down and grab some buttercup pics.

And a waxcap!

Finally, the Spanish Bluebells looking good.

For those interested, this was the set up, a mini tripod, wide angled lens and using the Canon Connect app to remote shoot, because there is no way I'll get up from down there.... 

• Our grass is looking more and more like a meadow, I'll be devastated when it has to be cut.

More flowers appearing, a yellow poppy

• Lovely wildflowers, Mike, I am sure your pollinators are happy. I must have been asleep, but have only just heard about no-mow-May where it is suggested that we do not mow for the whole of May, allowing the flowers to bloom to feed insects which will help to feed our birds. Wish I could convince Mr GB to leave the lawn cutting for a month but he is obsessed with having a tidy garden!

• Unknown said:

Lovely wildflowers, Mike, I am sure your pollinators are happy. I must have been asleep, but have only just heard about no-mow-May where it is suggested that we do not mow for the whole of May, allowing the flowers to bloom to feed insects which will help to feed our birds. Wish I could convince Mr GB to leave the lawn cutting for a month but he is obsessed with having a tidy garden!

Thank you Ann.

No-mo-May has probably been an easy one for a good many, with all the rain we've been enjoying, or should that be 'enduring'....

But, all good things come to an end, and the gardener is calling Friday......