Plants, flowers and shrubs; Share your photos here

• Lovely colours of Sunflowers, especially the first one. A nice pink Dahlia. What is the bonny white flower called, had a Google and can't see anything. I noticed just today that the cyclamen I have in a tub have started to bud again.
    Note to self, remember to water that tub! It is in the porch, so always forget on it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• It's Acidanthera CL a bulb which flowers late in the season!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Azaleas Just beginning to blossom for me,and Ilet the  'Forget the whats its name take over before the hostas and hopefully Hollyhocks Produce

Is your acidanthera any good for bees? I notice at least one site says it is, but I don't always trust that.
  • Don't really know Robbo, I only grew them for their showy qualities, I did end up feeding them to a couple of Cabbage Moth larvae I was rearing after finding them munching the flowers! Don't have them this year, have a potful of Gladioli instead plus 3 new varieties of Sunflower!   Should have had some Mediterranean Bells but the bulbs failed ... they definitely are bee magnets!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

When you say you don't have them this year, does that mean they're not very hardy/unreliable/bit of a faff in UK?
  • Normally come back fine if kept frost free or lifted, dried then replanted in Spring but mine got frosted badly this year as I took a chance & left them out ... usually very mild here but lost a lot of stuff this year!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks. That's what I feared when I read up on them yesterday. Lifting and keeping dry, whatever plant, never seems to work very well for me. I might give them a go when I have more time on my hands in a year or two.
  • Never enough time Robbo! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

Lovely to look down the garden on very wet and gloomy day,and see the colours beginning burst through.