I’m pleased that the various climate change protestors have been sentenced to tough prison sentences!

I’m very pleased that those climate change protestors have been given tough prison sentences. If they break the law by blocking ambulances, fire brigade etc. and David Attenborough warned not to beak the law and they got what they deserved!

Regards,

Ian.

• Other people have broken the law, have inadvertently killed a person or two and have walked away with a non-custodial sentence. Are you trolling?

• You always seem to think that! No I’m not trolling. But if such people people block ambulances and if of any of my own family just like any other families would feel the same. Also David Attenbrogh warned climate change activists not to break the law as they would lose the support of the majority in the UK. So would you say David Attenbrough is trolling! I supported these activists, but not when they block the road such as when ambulances and fire b brigade vehicles are going on 999 emergencies.

Regards,

Ian.

• Where do I always "seem to think that"?

I have examples where people have actually blocked ambulances (as opposed to potentially blocking ambulances).

I also have a venn diagram.

• I've got a bit of time today to be up for a debate. First of all, please educate me. You state that ambulances and fire brigade were held up. Forgive my ignorance but please can you confirm how a stationary motorway required fire and ambulance attendance? In your response, please can you confirm how many prison places there are available, incl for the next several years while they serve their sentences you fully support and are presumably paying towards? 

• I’ve just arrived after 8.00pm. I have a life as I mentioned a few days ago in a reply in another threas. I’m to tired to post these two links but there are many that can be found by google . Im going to bed shortly. Been birdwatching all day usinglical transport. Departed from home just after 7.00am and back home after 8.00pm. As someone replied in another that I should get a life. Well I do indeed have a life and walked 5 miles today using local bus transport as I do nearly every day including torrential rain, snow and wind. As long as the transport is running ok and no possible problems returning home by bus or train I will be out somewhere. One day a week I do my own housework andI a. 72 and not as old as the oldest member of my local RSPB Group and at 94/95  years old and still very fit.

I always post links. But I’m out every day. Unlike some I do post links. But I’m off to bed after having a shower. But I’ve two photos of two articles. You can find more if you wish. It was on national news so I surprised you knew nothing about thiis. But I’m to bed soon and leaving early tomorrow morning. This time very local and walking another good distance tomorrow, Thursday. I normally post on this community forum at present before I departin the morning and when I return home.

Regards,

Ian.

• Would it not make sense, if you don't have time, to not create a thread in the first place? What was the point of deliberately generating a discussion if you don't have time?

Secondly, it is not very helpful posting 'proof' from another continent. To support an opinion, credible sources are needed. 

Thirdly, you don't appear to know why the protestors were jailed or when they committed their offences. Isn't the Fox 'article' pre-dating their offences?

No need to respond until you have time. No one expects instant responses so don't rush out inadequate proof.

• You just don’t want  tobelieve what I said. The evidence is there. If you dont want   to believe the evidence. That s up to you!  But it shows that you’ve lost the argument. It that’s your reply  well.. It’s all well known and I won’t bait or  use any bad or strong language!

Regards,

Ian.

• Fox news is US-based, not UK. They'll have their own 'spin' on UK-related news. Does anyone outside of the US believe what foxnews has to say on anything?

The foxnews 'thing' isn't a link - it's a screencapture/image. Therefore you don't always post links? (I'll admit that the new web interface does try to drag in content when posting links, but does seem to also preserve links).

Of course, at one time the protesters weren't breaking the law. Then a new law (and its implementation) came into being. 2023, actually. The go-to offence is currently "Public Order Act 2023 Section 7 offence", which relates to "interfering with the use or operation of any key national infrastructure".

Were those jailed activists from Just Stop Oil? Yes, they were.

Just Stop Oil ‘Blue Lights’ policy: our policy is, and has always been, to move out of the way for emergency vehicles with siren sounding and ‘blue lights’ on.

(The ones with a stretch behind bars are)

Meanwhile in the UK...

Ambulances queueing to offload at over-stretched A&E's

(one example)

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/live-21-ambulances-queuing-outside-9362672.amp

I think that type of 'situation' has actual implications for people and their lives.

• New government. New exploration licenses for fossil fuels are embargoed.. And that is what JSO was about last year - no new licenses. This is totally in alignment with what science is saying. There's (more than) enough fossil fuel reserves 'on book' to melt Antarctica (and Greenland) if/when burned. I can find the link to the peer-reviewed paper if you're interested?

• The suffragettes had to break the law before they got what they wanted. And they resorted to violent acts (or had to resort to violent acts). And they (obviously) got what they deserved. Historically, perhaps Mr. Attenborough may need to reflect.

The last bunch in government had to change/implement new laws before they got what they wanted?