All I Want For Christmas is...

OK, I hate it when people say "I want" for anything rather than "I'd like", but those are the song lyrics so I've had to make an exception :-)

We're into December now and looking out the window I can see a couple of houses are decorated already, so thoughts naturally turn to those items Santa might bring you if you've been nice enough.  One of the disadvantages of getting older is, of course, that most items are either NEEDED (so you get them immediately yourself) or are way too expensive for someone else to buy as a gift.  However, I'm sure people must have some things they've written in their letter to Santa, so share them here - it may help those of us without inspiration :-)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• How about a Forumate band those of you with musical instruments;    I'm not so talented but I've got some spoons in the draw, also have a piece of tissue paper and a comb so could start practicing  lol

Paul A said:
    This reminds me of the story about a banjo player who was on his way to a gig. On his way there he stopped at the shops and accidentally left his banjo in plain view on the back seat of his car. When he returned from the shops he found that the back window of the car had been broken and there were now three banjo’s on the back seat.!! :-)

lol,  that's a good one Paul

....... which reminds me,  I must go clean those windows !

Regards, Hazel 

• I have three guitars and an amp, and I would love to be able to play them, I took two electrics to a nephew who has is own band in Blackpool and the one I gave a few quid for and made in Pakistan said he liked that one the best :)  

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Unknown said:
    How about a Forumate band those of you with musical instruments;    I'm not so talented but I've got some spoons in the draw, also have a piece of tissue paper and a comb so could start practicing  lol

I suspect the weekly rehearsals may prove to be a bit of an obstacle geographically.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• James G said:
    I have three guitars and an amp, and I would love to be able to play them, I took two electrics to a nephew who has is own band in Blackpool and the one I gave a few quid for and made in Pakistan said he liked that one the best

You do get plenty of decent ‘non-big name’ gear, but I think in general, musical instruments are similar to photography gear/optics; the more you pay, generally the better quality of the instrument. I’ve never owned a really expensive guitar but I would like to think that in the future I may eventually get hold of a ‘high end’ acoustic…..which actually brings us back to the theme of this thread; if Santa had deep enough pockets, I would be quite delighted to wake up to a nice new acoustic guitar in my stocking. A Taylor 814e would be lovely, I’m not greedy, so I wouldn’t be upset if it wasn’t a 914ce.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Dream on Paul!!!!!!  Hope you have a nice big chimney at your house, and Santa has nice deep pockets:-)

Lot to learn

• Evening, All.  Not particularly musical myself--my Dad sent us and Mum into town to sign up for guitar lessons; my Mum thought piano lessons would be better but we had no room for a piano, so we came home with an accordion (haven't played it in years but there are 2 in the cupboard!)  The abuse handed out to those folks outshines that given to banjo payers or to drummers!  Anyhoo, for those ukulele and mandolin fans, have you encountered these two?  Both groups are excellent musicians and humourous as well--highly recommended.

www.ukuleleorchestra.com/index.php

mandolin.co.uk/.../mandolinquents

Kind regards, Ann

• Hi Ann, Yes I've listened to the uke orchestra, they are really brilliant.   Not had the pleasure of the mandolinquents yet, will have a listen later.  

See you should have listened to your Dad!!!!!!  Time to pick up a Uke I think:-)

Lot to learn

• gaynorsl said:
    Seaman the Uke is good to play and also the mandolin sounds good, I was pretty musical when growing up but sort of lost it over the years.  Finding it again is a lovely learning curve right now.

The Uke seems to to be popular at the moment. When looking into buying one I was surprised how cheap a playable instrument was compared to what I have paid for guitars and banjos over the years.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• gaynorsl said:

Dream on Paul!!!!!!  Hope you have a nice big chimney at your house, and Santa has nice deep pockets:-)

I dunno, it's still cheaper than some camera lenses! :-)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• Gaynor, We are off to a Mandolinquents concert on Thursday.  Their Christmas concert is particularly fun, so looking forward to it.

Kind regards, Ann