Week long holiday and right now in a hotel in Morecambe

Well I’m in Morecambe despite no trains at running north or south today at Carlisle railway station, although trains from Newcastle-Carlisle were running but getting no further. Then I looked at the timetables and I had travel down to Leeds and then wait for 50 minutes for the connection from Leeds-Morecambe departing Leeds14.18 and arriving in Morcambe at 16.30 much later than. All home made cooking at the hotel. Off to Leighton Moss tomorrow. Sunday train timetable. It is very easy to get to Leighton Moss from Morecambe. Better Monday-Saturday. Other places I’m thingkimg of going to. But Leighton Moss in 1973 was the best ever sighting of a Bittern I ever had where it stood only a few feet away in front of one of the hides for well over 30 minutes. Long before mobiles or digital cameras. Only the true professional really got top class photos of wildlife in that era. Of what I can remember of that era there were practically no photographers in any of the bird hides or elsewhere or very few with with cameras. But now it’s so easy to get a good photo with Digital cameras.

Regards,

Ian.