All I Want For Christmas is...

OK, I hate it when people say "I want" for anything rather than "I'd like", but those are the song lyrics so I've had to make an exception :-)

We're into December now and looking out the window I can see a couple of houses are decorated already, so thoughts naturally turn to those items Santa might bring you if you've been nice enough.  One of the disadvantages of getting older is, of course, that most items are either NEEDED (so you get them immediately yourself) or are way too expensive for someone else to buy as a gift.  However, I'm sure people must have some things they've written in their letter to Santa, so share them here - it may help those of us without inspiration :-)

• Unknown said:
    ...are way too expensive for someone else to buy as a gift.

Heh. Less 'Christmas wish', more 'Christmas wishful thinking'. A Panny Leica H-ES200:

http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/cameras-camcorders/lumix-g-lenses/h-es200.html

Failing that, I'd like to upgrade my cheapo tripod. Was looking at some Manfrotto examples in Currys a few days ago.

• My Christmas wish is undeliverable.  I want to know that EJ is safe and will return in March.

• Warren B said:
    A Panny Leica H-ES200

Ouch!  The days of Micro 4/3 being a bargain seem to have long gone - that's 3-4 times the price of the Canon 200mm f/2.8 L lens!

Clare Bailey said:
    I want to know that EJ is safe and will return in March

That's definitely one only Santa can answer!

• My husband and I already have got our most desired present for this year: Our little son Karl. We are so happy that he is a strong and healthy little boy.

• Fantastic, Bente!  Many congratulations.

• Clare Bailey said:

My Christmas wish is undeliverable.  I want to know that EJ is safe and will return in March.

That is one special Christmas wish and would be one of mine also, don't even know that Santa knows, but we can wish and keep our fingers crossed Clare.

• Congratulations to you and your husband Bente, it's wonderful news and must be exciting looking forward to Christmas with your family.

@ WJ,  to be honest, because there are only the two of us (now we've left Australia) we tend to avoid all the festive fuss and preparations and the same goes for presents as we buy items that we may "like" at different times of year most likely when sales may be on or good offers.    I have just purchased some binoculars for Mike which were long overdue and he took them out for the first time today and they were brilliant :)   I bought a dual camera harness which I also used for the first time today and it was excellent - I kept in balance and didn't fall over with the two cameras lol      

Christmas Day, we usually have three presents to unwrap from my three Aunts and that's it  apart from a very nice calendar from a friend !!    We just pack a rucksack if weather is fair and head out to a nice area of coast or countryside and have a picnic -  dressed in our fleece coats, hats and scarves  lol    You can't beat it,  no telly, no grumpy kids complaining they didn't get what they wanted and just peace and quiet with only the sound of birds - perfect  :)   !!         

• Our Christmas was like yours Hazel a good walk and a decent meal in the evening but three very excitable grandsons (one nearly 8,one 4 and young Jasper 1 next week) have changed that idea. We now take a buffet lunch to theirs and join in the parcel opening.I already have my present from Chris,after playing acoustic guitar, since the skiffle craze way back when, I wanted to learn a different instrument so opted for a ukulele (no George Formby quips please) and I have been unable to resist starting to teach myself. My aim is to get to grips with the basics at least then teach the eldest grandson after we have given him a uke for his birthday next month.I hope we can get out boxing day for a bird watching walk.

• Congratulations Bente to you and your hubby, wonderful news that you have a baby son, what a lovely Xmas you will have.

I know exactly what I would like for Xmas......A set of drums.......was out yesterday to see a friend playing in a drumming band, it was wonderful, thrilling and has set me off on another musical track.    I have already tried the Ukulele Seaman, it is great fun and the people who join in are friendly and a joy to be with.

• Got a card off my sister in law with a Blue back inside, same as last year and its up on the wall in the same place as her last one and that was the only one I got so might be the same again this year :) but I told my son I only want a Canon EOS-1D X Mark II but this might be a little after Christmas when he makes his first £1,000,000 and then I want a new car a new house with a big garden for the birds and wildlife that all I want not much to ask for :)

Jim