But it has no string,

No tail of red ribbons

It has no one controlling its flight’

‘Ah, no my son, it needs no string

No tail of red ribbons

No hand controlling its flight

For it’s a kite of the air

A kite that is free’

Poetry helped me emerge from my Chrysalis - but my wings are still drying - so much more to learn.
www.janscreativewriting.co.uk  updated - with endangered animals category & new animal/birds illustrated poetry book!

• Not an area I often 'land' in but I'm so glad I did.

This is just the kind of conversation I hope to have with my kids!! They love flying kites, esp down the beach last weekend at Barnes Ness they were flying with the gannets!! A wee bit of poetic licience there but they were in the same sky!!

Thanks for the poem I really did enjoy the feeling of them all sharing the sky. Looking forward to seeing Red kite once again up + around the Inverness area in the next wee while!!

'In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks'  John Muir.       

Excuse wobbily dyslexic spelling!

• Thanks Seaman - good to hear of another release area!

Osprey - Thank you! Wow the poem comes to life!  A father and his kids! Kites and Gannets just as thrilling!

Now I am back down South, I miss the Scottish skies - hope your skies have Red Kites soon!

Poetry helped me emerge from my Chrysalis - but my wings are still drying - so much more to learn.
    www.janscreativewriting.co.uk  updated - with endangered animals category & new animal/birds illustrated poetry book!