R.I.P. Good Eggs with no name badges

Hi

I see that the moderators now have new name badges on their posts, but none of the Good Eggs do. Are Good Egg name badges still happening?

Best wishes Chris

Click Here to see my photos

• Hi All,

Thanks for the comments; we are by no means instructing users how to post. This community is here to help give advice and to create a positive place to discuss wildlife and nature. People enjoying to make a positive contribution is purely why this site exists, the Good Egg Post award is just an added extra. We have always looked for users helping a newcomer to the community, Writing something that makes everyone smile, answering others' questions and engaging users in positive conservation discussion. The new system will highlight users’ contributions to the community.

Thanks again,

Why not check out the news from the wildlife enquiries team?

• Hi-  I don't feel I'm further way from fostering a friendly atmosphere - I added a new friend to my list while discussing this.

I notice the avian 4 letter word still hasnt appeared yet :)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• That is the problem with this site discussion is regarded as a dirty word.

CONSULTATION....................what is that?????   Do not like the sound of that! 

• Hazel b said:

That is the problem with this site discussion is regarded as a dirty word.

CONSULTATION....................what is that?????   Do not like the sound of that! 

If discussion is regarded as a dirty word, then I'm not sure what consultation would be described as.

Best wishes Chris

Click Here to see my photos

• Hi-  last time I had a consultation the consultant had a rubber glove and a colorectal camera - but I out ran him :)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• LOL don't blame you. I know what goes on in there :))

• Hmmm - RSPB please reconsider your stance on the Good Eggs.

Richard

• I can't remember who had a Good Egg award and who didn't have one. I look at everyone's posts that interest me, and take them on their individual merits.

Why did you all need to make such a fuss about losing your badge? Surely you know whether you're any good or not without having one?

I know there will always be posters who come along who will be better potential "Good Eggs" than me. For a start I've given up answering the Hello! column, but I answer newbies who come straight in with a question I can help to answer - that's the way I started! Do I care if I get a Good Egg or not? No!

It's thanks enough when people write back with more questions or a "thank you". I don't need a Good Egg, a badge, gold stars (what are THEY for?? and who awards them?), house points, brownie points, or best Royal Family sycophancy award.

Who needs any awards? Let's just have a good, friendly, useful, public message board for promoting birds, wildlife and conservation.

Good neighbourliness, not badges!

:-)

Jackdaw

Seriously thinking about trying harder!

• Totally agree with you Jackdaw.

CJ

• cjbeady said:

Totally agree with you Jackdaw.

CJ

Thanks buddy.

Just noticed I've been awarded 3-1/2 gold stars for that post - did you do that CJ?

Or some other poster?

Or one of the mods?

What for, and why?

Thanks!

:-)

The Incorrigible One

[Post edited by Moderators]

Seriously thinking about trying harder!