R.I.P. Good Eggs with no name badges

Hi

I see that the moderators now have new name badges on their posts, but none of the Good Eggs do. Are Good Egg name badges still happening?

Best wishes Chris

Click Here to see my photos

• Your point has been proven as somone has given me one star!

CJ

• For more information about the stars feature have a look at the link here.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Hi CJ,

Your second post is really grand, CJ, so I've just awarded you 5 gold stars! Sorry, broken my own rule there - it's not important, honest!

I've just downrated IanH's info post to one star - don't worry folks, you can change any of them any time, apparently

Oh no, CJ, you've only got 2-1/2 stars for your first posting now!!

As before, I won't be paying any serious attention to my star ratings any time soon - because anyone can change them any time.

:-)

Andy

Seriously thinking about trying harder!

• Patricia M said:
    because anyone can change them any time.

And so, how can this be a "useful tool"? - useful to whom?

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom" - Wlliam Blake

• ClaireM said:

because anyone can change them any time.

And so, how can this be a "useful tool"? - useful to whom?

[/quote]

Yes Claire, I wondered what uses it might have (click on IanH's link, folks, where the usefulness is mentioned).

I think we will wait in vain to hear what uses the system has.

The mods will reserve the right not to explain its uses to us.

I think it's a white elephant (my opinion only, you don't need to believe me!) so I will just carry on without it!

Have a nice weekend - off to see the local sand martin colony tomorrow - fantastic!

:-))

Andy

• Oh I am sure you are right Jackdaw. What a good egg award system does other than promote division I have no idea. However we now know that the RSPB reserve the right to changes the rules of the award system willy nilly and then expect everyone to graciously agree.

If they must have an award system then they should make twelve awards once a year rather than  one each month. But then listening to suggestions is not the strong point of the powers that be.

• In the end, the RSPB management will decide what is put in place, Tiger. Somebody has to make a decision, and they're in that position! But carry on making rational comment and feedback in the right places and they will be read - it's just that your ideas might not be adopted. If there's a small victory for the subscribers (all of us) every now and then, the effort is worth it.

Night-night!

• Yes this is all very well and good. Well not really good in a serious way but good in an entertaining sort of way...I think.

What I would like to know is this. Are those posters who add or subtract stars recorded somewhere as doing so or is the whole thing really as anonymously willy nilly as it appears on the surface? Is there a hidden star click counter (negative or positive) per member. If someone becomes a serial star tweaker will they be penalised for it? Will they then become bad eggs? Shouldn't we have to fill in a form or something....? ie I award/subtract n amount of stars for J Bloggs post because.... Also are we allowed to use the word pillock?

• Hi ChloeB!

I personally think the star system is all part of the entertainment on here! It's something to fiddle with, other than your left & right mouse buttons etc. People love gadgets and can't leave 'em alone.

As to most of your other questions, I think they have such SERIOUS implications that I think we should be told!!  Haa-HAAAAAAAAA!!

To be allowed the use of the word pillock would be a major concession. Managed to get away with the word twerp among others last weekend.

Can't wait to see if our posts get edited by the mods now ...

:-))

Andy

• LOL

I believe we can also use the word ***. That is really the icing on the cake.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr