following

Could anyone explain what the following links are fof?I have had a message saying"*******is following you on the forum" and wondered what it was all about.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Hi Sparrow,

Yeah that helped a lot, easy when you know how :-)

H

• The abuse bit is not a problem to me personally from experience in past jobs I can ignore stuff like that without getting into a mud slinging match but some may not be as thick skinned as me.Yes abuse can be reported but it may only take that first message to upset someone.It would be interesting if the hard pressed mods could explain why we needed the facility.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Wendy S said:
    It would be interesting if the hard pressed mods could explain why we needed the facility.

I don't see the point of the following facility. Perhaps it should go on the squish list.

Interestingly, you don't get an email if someone on your friends' list has stopped following you.

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom" - Wlliam Blake

• ClaireM said:

Interestingly, you don't get an email if someone on your friends' list has stopped following you.

A few days ago I checked my list of friends and saw that I am following all of them. I left it like that.

Today I looked, and it seems I am no longer following one of these friends - yet I haven't changed anything! I do know this friend also hasn't changed anything.  Gremlins again!

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Susan H said:

A few days ago I checked my list of friends and saw that I am following all of them.

Hi Sparrow, I appear to be following all my friends too - although I did not do anything actively to initiate the facility.  One of my friends has apparently stopped following me. I don't know if it is deliberate or not but not bothered : )

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom" - Wlliam Blake

• I appear to be following all my friends so think it is automatic.

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .

• I have checked mine too and i'm following my friends although to be fair I keep losing them lol although i am getting there with the site now lol

Feeling More Positive :-)

• How strange you should say you are losing some of your friends - I have discovered I have lost 3 from my original list on the old forum. I haven't deleted them, and 2 of them have assured me they didn't delete me either. It's all been rectified now, but those new forum gremlins must have been at work somewhere!

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr