following

Could anyone explain what the following links are fof?I have had a message saying"*******is following you on the forum" and wondered what it was all about.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Funnily enough, I've just had an email telling me someone is following me!  (not a friend, and not someone joining in this discussion) Now in this case I don't mind at all, and will ask this person to be a friend in due course. However, I might have objected had I not known who this person was. I can't see any way of finding out either how to stop someone, or who is following me other than my friends. There is nothing on my profile at all.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Patricia M said:

Actually I'm not really sure if anyone is following me as I don't know where to find out!

Hi H,

Look on "your page" under friends - if you don't accept someone as a "friend" they can't follow you.

:-)

Andy

[/quote]

Sorry Andy, but they can!

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Jackdaw, I'm afraid your wrong, you can follow as I have just proven on here, and there is no way to unfollow them, if they aren't in your friends list.

It's both what you do and the way that you do it!

You cannot fly like an eagle with the wings of a wren.
    William Henry Hudson (1841 - 1922)

• Susan H said:
    Funnily enough, I've just had an email telling me someone is following me!  (not a friend, and not someone joining in this discussion)

I didn't know that was possible!!

Was it intended to be that way?

If not it should be reported as a fault.

Curiouser and curiouser ...

:-)

Andy

Seriously thinking about trying harder!

• Very true, Kimbo is not one of my friends (she can be of course, if she wants!)

I guess you automatically follow your friends? - not really sure how that works and was it a feature of the old site?

Just ignore me if this has been covered, I'm waaaaay out of sync!

H

• I've just added it to the report log.

TBH I don't see anything wrong with it, but I suppose if someone was a bit odd or vindictive, they could follow your every post and be abusive

It's both what you do and the way that you do it!

You cannot fly like an eagle with the wings of a wren.
    William Henry Hudson (1841 - 1922)

• The "follow" e mails I have had did not name a person on the friends list,I wonder what the thinking behind this facility is not everyone will be happy with it.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Wendy S said:

The "follow" e mails I have had did not name a person on the friends list,I wonder what the thinking behind this facility is not everyone will be happy with it.

Hi Seaman,

I am also wondering about it. But abuse can always be reported.

:-/

Andy

Seriously thinking about trying harder!

• Unknown said:

I guess you automatically follow your friends? - not really sure how that works and was it a feature of the old site?

Hi H,

Just go to your profile and look at your friends list. You will see options to follow or not follow them.

The ones you chose to follow, you can follow by looking at the activities list on the main Community home page. There you will see a blue link that says "people". Press that and all the activities of the people you follow will be on there.

Does that help?

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Andy (All),

I'd assume the abusive member would get their forum membership revoked,

But can't the abusive member just make a new account and go along un-noticed

continuing to upset their victim?

H