This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Technical issues: Are any fundamental things still not working?

This thread is for things on the community that don't work. This does not include formatting, so if there are issues with the lay out, colours or fonts please see our 'Requests for new features' thread.   

• Like scylla the RSPB logo is not displaying in Chrome although it is in Firefox.

I don't know whether it's my computer or internet connection but pages can take ages to load. I'm constantly seeing "Waiting for www.rspb.org.uk ..... " while the little whirly wheel keeps going round and round for an eternity.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I am logoless (now there's something you don't want to say in a hurry) as well!

• As with lots of our intermittent problems, this one with the logo appears to be restricted to only some of our servers. When you end up on the server where it's working it will appear as normal.

We are aware of the issue and will look into it.

• Both Limpy and I would like to ask how the multiple photo posting facility is coming along, please.  Limpy would also like to say that he's really struggled to post photos onto his most recent thread - he's twice lost a load when he's hit 'post'.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hi-  the EDIT / QUOTE   function for replies is working oddly- you can't cut & paste as we used to- it jams everything together and won't let you put in line spaces. If you hit the RH arrow it hurls you back to top of the page

Annoying!

S

See what I mean? The section above was typed line spaced- As was this bit S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Jennifer T said:
    I am logoless (now there's something you don't want to say in a hurry) as well!

It is a relief that is not just me,I know so little about computers I get worried it might be my problem.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Unknown said:
    It is not happening Clare, it was mentioned earlier in this thread...i think.

On page 16 it is explained that it wasn't being abandoned completely - they were going to keep working on it.  I'm not looking at a definite date where this will be available - I'm just asking how the development was going and if a few of the glitches with the idea have been ironed out yet.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Tell me about it.  Most of what I post takes two tries - rarely one and occasionally three!  I really hope someone does reply.

• I've pretty much given up trying to post photos direct. I now upload everything I want to post to Flicker and link them from there.

I'm sorry to have to say this but they seem to have abandoned us to struggling on as best we can.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I keep seeing how much trouble others are having with loading pics & wonder what it is that I have got here that's so different - I have never experienced these difficulties with any of my pics & vids since I first cleared out rubbish after the upgrade & got reconnected!

I have a mid range 64bit Dell desktop about three years old & run Windows 7 with IE10 & have medium to low internet access via TalkTalk which can be an 'iffy' connection at times!

I tend to edit my pics, contrast & crop, which makes them smaller & sharper & use mainly auto ISO so they are not too large to upload.....guess I'm just lucky!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr