Requests for new features: What would you like to see on the community?

This is where we can pool ideas and aspirations for the Community. Ideas are helpful for us to understand what you want to see, but with our limited resources we are looking to cherry pick the best ones. To tell us about fundamental problems with the Community please see our 'Technical issues' thread.

• The ability to upload several photos at a time, then post rather than each one individually, would be a huge improvement

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• One thing that was avaiable for a short while in Rich Formatting was the ability to select a text colour which was an excellent facility. It was 'lost' when the RF went back to its original set up. Mary GK did ask about this recently in another thread.

• Main Community Home Page, Latest forum posts.

On the forum before last the name of the original poster and date of first post was shown next to the title of the thread, eg. "Title .......  by ......... on ......... "  This was extremely useful but was removed on the previous upgrade despite many of us asking for it to be brought back.

I personally would like to see this re-instated.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Can someone please tell me what the enhanced editor is? I have managed to post photos quite easily without seeing any enhanced editor. Am I being thick?

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• I must have got my genes from my Yorkshire ancestors. LOL.

Mine already says enhanced. I haven't changed it. It must be the default on mine then?

EDIT: Posts crossed again - thanks Bob, and likewise Doggie!

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Susan H said:

Main Community Home Page, Latest forum posts.

On the forum before last the name of the original poster and date of first post was shown next to the title of the thread, eg. "Title .......  by ......... on ......... "  This was extremely useful but was removed on the previous upgrade despite many of us asking for it to be brought back.

I personally would like to see this re-instated.

This is a one line comment that may get removed but that is a GREAT idea from Sparrow and I miss it too-  I have posted a lot of stuff here and I like to go back and update some of the tech/ gear guide stuff but I can't with the current way of searching for subjects- it shows a post but gives no obvious way to go to it IN IT'S CHRONOLOGICAL position.

At least -  I can't find a way :)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Whilst I would hate to offend anyone who is closely following the progress of Ospreys, I agree with Robbo's comments about the Osprey threads.  At the moment there are so many osprey threads that a lot of other threads are relegated to page 2 or 3 very soon after being posted.  I don't know about other forum members, but I always look through page 1, often click on page 2, but very rarely go any further than that, and so often other threads that are of interest are missed of 'get lost' before many people get chance to look at them.

I personally don't see the need for the long list of recent posts at the bottom of the page - if these were omitted there would be more room for thread titles so people could see more of them and choose the ones that are of interest to them

See my Flickr photos here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115745582@N04/

• I agree as regards the list of recent posts at the bottom of the page. Are they really necessary?

• The Osprey group are doing nothing wrong and I don't think anyone is suggesting that they are.

To a newcomer visiting the community homepage, it looks like this is a community that's mainly about Ospreys, which could be off-putting if they want to discuss something else. But the problem lies with the layout of the website. If the community homepage gave a list of all the available sub-forums (which is the standard and most sensible setup for discussion forum websites), instead of a list of all recent posts, there'd be no issue.

• "Oh dear Christine, not everyone likes yours or Robbo's post about Osprey threads."

Sorry - I'm not sure how to quote properly.

Can I please stress that I was in no way intending to imply that there are far too many osprey threads, or that any of the Osprey lovers were dominating the forum and if it came across that way then I do apologise to you all - we all have a right to post as much as we wish about anything we want and I would hate to give the impression that I thought otherwise

Aiki has put it much better when she says that it is a problem with the website layout and that a list of sub-forums would give a much better impression of the different types of discussion threads available.

And to the moderators -  these are just minor criticisms of the site - I spent quite a lot of time on here and am very grateful to have the opportunity to share my love of wildlife with fellow enthusiasts!

See my Flickr photos here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115745582@N04/