This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Technical issues: Are any fundamental things still not working?

This thread is for things on the community that don't work. This does not include formatting, so if there are issues with the lay out, colours or fonts please see our 'Requests for new features' thread.   

• It seems so strange C, the five I posted just before yours went through without a hitch!

I capture mine & process in 'Paint' then save to Desktop for onward posting  (they are also automatically saved in Windows live photo gallery)

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• It doesn't seem to matter whether Limpy or I are trying to post screen captures or photos of up to 3.9mb - nearly everything takes two attempts.  Occasionally it'll do it in one - very occasionally it takes three.  Limpy is posting a whole host of osprey pictures at the moment and it is driving him nuts.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Sadly, Clare, at 3.9mb each I would have to move on I am only on a 2meg connection to view these pictures would take forever!

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Clare Bailey said:
    It doesn't seem to matter whether Limpy or I are trying to post screen captures or photos of up to 3.9mb - nearly everything takes two attempts.  Occasionally it'll do it in one - very occasionally it takes three.  Limpy is posting a whole host of osprey pictures at the moment and it is driving him nuts.

Hi Clare

We know this is an issue, it affects all of us (me included) and can be a real pain however we do not have a fix for it just yet, all we can do is grin and bear it and try again until it posts. Sorry to not be able to bring any brighter news.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Hi All,

I've posted up a brief statement - www.rspb.org.uk/.../108970.aspx as requested by a few members of the community.

Thanks,

F.

• Ut oh,  here we go again with Spam-a-lot  !   I also got email on the friends request :(

Regards, Hazel 

• Please reject any friendship requests you are not sure of or are not happy with. Please note as this thread is about technical issues I have deleted the posts relating to this latest discussed incident to get the thread back on topic.

• This is going to ruffle a few feathers [sic] !

Here are the latest accounts for the RSPB http://www.rspb.org.uk/about/run/reportaccounts.aspx

I would assume many people frequenting this site, especially the RSPB Forum, are paid up members of the RSPB, so why do we have a second rate service i.e. The Forum when there are those who help fund such an organisation 

Last evening we had a troll courting/soliciting business from a 'foreign' country, why can't members of the RSPB use their membership number to access the forum thus keeping the trolls out, other bird lovers not RSPB members would then also contribute to the funds of the RSPB by becoming members

I say to 'the top table' use your noddle boxes a little more and retain the members you already have, remember it is the likes of us that pay your fees and expenses, time to get into gear and move forward into the 21st century rather than be like the proverbial ostrich and burying your heads in the sand  

• Sorry, John, I've got to disagree with you on this occasion.  The troll in question was on the Community for less than 24 hours - sites like Facebook take much longer to chuck trolls off (that's if they ever get around to doing so).  The other thing is that the Community is a fantastic place to encourage people to join the RSPB simply due to the fact that if you're sincerely interested in birds and wildlife you'll probably post here regularly - over a length of time you get to learn just how many reserves there are and how much the RSPB does.  I can name at least two friends on here who have joined the RSPB simply through being on the Community.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Fine Clare, so then those who have joined the RSPB through the forum deserve a service second to none, I'm all for expanding a birding community too, I hope the forum continues to 'spread its wings' for all to enjoy

I feel so frustrated  that I cannot add but single photo files, I have tried FF, Chrome and the likes, no good my end