This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Technical issues: Are any fundamental things still not working?

This thread is for things on the community that don't work. This does not include formatting, so if there are issues with the lay out, colours or fonts please see our 'Requests for new features' thread.   

• I'll admit uploading photos is a real bugbear.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thanks for your encouraging words Clare and we fully understand all frustrations, as Frankie pointed out in his message here: www.rspb.org.uk/.../108970.aspx

All we can add is that we do our very best to make this an enjoyable place, we really do appreciate the members of this community for making it such a brilliant forum to enthuse about wildlife and we hope us moderators also do our best to engage and be supportive.

• Ben thank you for the pointer to Frankie's message yesterday, there is also a link [split]from IanH & Doggie here http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/about/f/911/t/108993.aspx Let me just say that this forum has some splendid moderators and contributors, some of whom are 'seasoned' like myself others are from the younger generation who are the RSPB's future, but when I read this below from Frankie and how senior management *appear* to want to treat readers and contributors then I feel when my/and wife's membership is/are up for renewal in February 2014 then I shall not be renewing same and until some normality returns to the forum I shall not be contributing any further ps and nb the *** asterisks are my own infill ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Quote Obviously, I wish we had more resource, ***but after discussions with senior management, it’s been concluded that the level of support the web team currently gives to the Community is appropriate and gives a reasonable balance to this conflicting demand***. You may be surprised to learn that many of my team (me included) are real advocates for the Community and try hard to make it work, but they also have other responsibilities, and I have to balance these against the time taken to deal with user issues with the site.
  • That looks similar to what a moderator can see if they edit or delete a post, not sure if we should be seeing this!

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• The delete children bit refers to replies to that post if that is what is causing concern. I'll check with the web team to see if you should be seeing that screen or not.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Its gone from my last post just seeing if it pops up on a new post.

EDIT

It does pop up again!

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Well, I'm glad you asked the question BW 'cos I didn't know either!!!  Only speak English lol!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Help!  I've had a friend request and have tried clicking on it several times but I can't get the screen which allows you to accept or reject it.  I also can't get my list of friends to appear - this is a long term problem I've had.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I don't get them - perhaps I need to tweak my settings.

• I can't find an option to do that.  There doesn't seem to be an option anywhere to receive an email when someone has sent you a friend request unless I'm completely misreading it.