Community Downtime - 6/12/2018

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

We are running up to the Christmas period when a lot of the Community will have more leisure time , some of which might have been spent on the Community

We won't (shouldn't) see any changes over the Christmas/New Year period, there'll be a freeze on planned outages. Even IT chaps like a break to play with their new toys :-)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• In reply to Whistling Joe:

We won't (shouldn't) see any changes over the Christmas/New Year period, there'll be a freeze on planned outages. Even IT chaps like a break to play with their new toys :-)

Exactly my point - the changes should have been planned so that everything was up, running and sorted before Christmas, New Year and the Big Garden Birdwatch. We are in danger of losing people or having to limp along with this until after the Garden Watch.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

I do agree Bob. It happened with the last upgrade. Members left and it looked as though staff members of the RSPB where not interested in the community forum members opinions. Members left and it looks as though that could happen again. I am definitely not enjoying coming on the community right now. I always enjoyed coming on and reading the new threads and all the posts, but not now.

Regards,

Ian.

Regards,

Ian.

• Looks like we're back, how did it go Elliott?

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• Morning everyone,

I'm very pleased to say that we had a successful evening and managed to complete the purpose of the downtime. Thank you for your patience and sorry for having to take the Community offline for a second time this week.

In response to a few of the other questions asked on this thread:

1. EU/UK/Brexit - We are not expecting to need to move the servers again following the outcome of Brexit, but if this position changes for any reason, we will of course let you know.

2. All the other changes that have been requested on the various threads are currently being fully reviewed with our Digital Experience team and Community partner, alongside all the other requests for changes, development and improvements for the whole RSPB website. Once a plan is confirmed we will share this.

Many thanks and I'm sure we'll be speaking again soon.

Elliott.

• In reply to Elliott B:

Many thanks Elliott and glad everything went smoothly with transfer.     Pleased to hear that our requests that haven't been implemented yet and further improvements are still under review and that you will keep us in the loop.    It does help us enormously to receive these updates, rather than us stumbling in the dark and wondering what next,  good to know what is being worked on and improvements that are still being considered for upgrade so look forward to the next update, thanks.  

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• In reply to Noisette:

I've been absent for a good few days, and finally got back, and so far, it still is the mess it was before this last update!

I do think I can see a trend in the way threads are appearing, but it's not something I can easily describe in text.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler