Case of the disappearing text !

Since recent work to this website last week, there has been a problem with text disappearing off to the left and text eventually vanishes off the page completely when typing replies of several lines;     not sure if anyone else has experienced the same problem ?    I use Firefox and IE7.        I tried to find the Technical reporting thread and with a search of the forums I came across the Survey Monkey link to report any technical problems and thus reported this current case of the disappearing text !    

For anyone experiencing technical problems with the rspb website the link to Survey Monkey is HERE

Regards, Hazel 

• I am using Safari browser on my iPad and have no problems Hazel.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks Catlady, must just be affecting Firefox

Regards, Hazel 

• Had exactly the same problem a few days ago Hazy, thought it was me using this laptop, so reverted to the PC where it seemed to be OK.   I too use FF and IE7, will bookmark your link just in case it occurs again, so far this is looking fine, just to be awkward.

Lot to learn

• So, it's not true that you have to take all your clothes off to go searching for Twite then aitch!! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I'm having a new and interesting problem this morning.  When I hit the Reply button I get no whirligig - the text just goes pale, leaving me with no idea of whether I've successfully posted or not.  I have managed to do a couple of posts but I'm having to hit the Reply button at least twice and once isn't enough.

Now, let's see if this posts.......

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Yay!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• WendyBartter said:

So, it's not true that you have to take all your clothes off to go searching for Twite then aitch!! Lol

lol Wendy, I surely hope not or I'll scare all the birds away !

Regards, Hazel 

• gaynorsl said:
    Had exactly the same problem a few days ago Hazy, thought it was me using this laptop, so reverted to the PC where it seemed to be OK.   I too use FF and IE7,

interesting it only happens with FF and perhaps IE7;   doesn't seem too bad now so looks like they solved it :)     thanks techs.   

@ Clare:     I noticed on my last reply the little cog wheel was whirling away and taking more time to post the reply.    Glad the text box is staying put now and not scrolling off to the left out of page.

post edit:   just realised I was using the iMac desktop and was on Safari   - duh !      went back to FF browser using the iMac and the problem unfortunately still exists  :(    

Regards, Hazel 

• O'h no I've just had same problem when answering the thread I put up yesterday.  Seems a couple of lines are OK then off it goes, maddening.

Lot to learn

• Oh dear Gaynor,  it's a real pain and hope they can fix the Firefox issue;   I'm taking Paul A's  advice and typing text using word when using the laptop and then pasting on here.    

Regards, Hazel