Case of the disappearing text !

Since recent work to this website last week, there has been a problem with text disappearing off to the left and text eventually vanishes off the page completely when typing replies of several lines;     not sure if anyone else has experienced the same problem ?    I use Firefox and IE7.        I tried to find the Technical reporting thread and with a search of the forums I came across the Survey Monkey link to report any technical problems and thus reported this current case of the disappearing text !    

For anyone experiencing technical problems with the rspb website the link to Survey Monkey is HERE

Regards, Hazel 

• Funnily enough that's not a problem I've been getting.  I'm using Opera.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I use Google Chrome & not had your problem aitch, only the odd post disappearing yesterday & that seems resolved today!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks Clare and Wendy, glad to know its not a common problem;  only happens if you type several lines of text so I'll have to stop writing war and peace length replies  lol    Actually, its already disappearing after this shorter reply !  May have to use another browser until problem for FFox is fixed.

Regards, Hazel 

• HI Hazy. You’ll be glad to know that it has also been happening to me, so you’re not going mad, (although the jury is still out on whether you were perhaps already a wee bit mad to begin with).!! :-) I’ve found that if I type reply in another program (word, for example) and then paste it into the reply box it seems to work then. I haven’t trying creating a new thread to see if that works though.

My bird photos HERE

• My previous post at 5:24pm was when I was using Firefox so I've now switched to Chrome to see if that will make any difference. I was only kidding about the jury being out on the subject of your madness Hazy, the verdict was actually reached a long time ago, although I'll perhaps keep the findings to myself ;-) On a brighter note, using Chrome seems to be working fine in regards to the text behaving as it should. I used to have problems posting photo's with Chrome so I'll perhaps attempt to post one here if no-one has any objections? OK, good.!!

Golden Plover, in case anyone was wondering.!!

My bird photos HERE

• Paul A said:
    I was only kidding about the jury being out on the subject of your madness Hazy, the verdict was actually reached a long time ago, although I'll perhaps keep the findings to myself ;-)

lol Paul,    well I do hail from Cheshire and as the famous Alice in Wonderland cat said ..... Cheshire Cat: “we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.”   .........      “I’m not crazy. My reality is just different than yours.”     lol !!!           On to a more serious note, great photo of the flock of Golden Plover .. and a blue sky too :)        

Regards, Hazel 

• I haven't been on much since the "maintenance" but Chrome seems to be working fine for me.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I'm sure there's a Twite in there somewhere...

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• good to hear there seems to be only a problem with Firefox so hope the techs can fix this issue;  thanks for the tip on using word to copy and paste Paul.

Regards, Hazel 

• Unknown said:

I'm sure there's a Twite in there somewhere...

lol Paul, I've just applied for a permit for Deeside Naturalist Society reserve so I may try find you a Twite once we receive our permit and visit   HERE 

btw.......that is Nauralist Society .........not Naturist Society    rofl !

Regards, Hazel