Raise Community site problems here

Yesterday, I and one or two other members had a problem with Windows 10 Edge browser where the "Use rich formatting" button would not work on this site;      today the problem seems to have been resolved as I was able to upload a test image, however,  on some browsers, like Safari, other's are still having problems.      It would be helpful if either this thread or a new dedicated Tech's thread for any site problems/issues could be made into a sticky so it stays at the top.   That way forum members can find it easily and add any technical issues they are having on this community.    Thank you in advance.

Will start off with Bob's post from this morning:

Quote:       Yes the site has plunged downhill again. Rich Formatting button is not working on Safari either, though instead of the old error page message I get a "That was unexpected page" telling me the problem has been logged and reported. It remains to be seen whether anything happens. Personally I would start a new thread about the issue, but believe it or not I can't actually start any New Threads.

So I would be grateful if anyone using a different browser can start a new Thread on the Community Upgrade page and try and alert the powers that be. Even if it is a browser related issue, Safari is not exactly one of your rarely used browsers.

Regards, Hazel 

• There's a bloke sitting in an office with a dial that he can turn to whichever browser is most commonly being used at a particular time to switch off functionality!
  • This is the first time I've had any problem with Chrome. It's up to date so it's hard to know what else to do. I could try reinstalling it I suppose but I'm afraid of losing passwords, bookmarks etc..

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• That's what I'm using, Alan. I've just discovered that the "more" link produces the same error. Also, Chrome is not working properly with the Forum on my tablet which runs Android.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• It appears to be random and there's no logic to it at all. Some days Edge works fine then without altering anything, the "Use rich formatting" doesn't work and I keep the software updated, sometimes it affects both Edge and Firefox and then it may affect Edge but not Firefox or Chrome. I now just switch browsers if things don't work on here although there are occasions when none work ! This has only happened quite recently. An explanation from the techs on here would be much appreciated - I can't believe it is purely a browser problem as links can still work on other websites. Maybe there's a glitch in the "use formatting" link.     Today, all is hunky-dory so fingers crossed.  

Regards, Hazel 

• It half works with Opera on my tablet which I'm  using now. The first line of options of the edit dialog is not showing and only part of the second line. All very weird.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I flagged something up this morning which appeared to be spam (can't remember which thread) as it seems to have now disappeared - so maybe they are taking notice of some things on here - just not technical issues !

Regards, Hazel 

• I flagged it too aitch & the poster using an old thread to advertise something called 'ninja classics' ... whatever that may be?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Yes, that was it Wendy; I flagged up via the persons profile page.

Regards, Hazel 

• The rich formatting function has failed on mine now so cannot upload any more pics ... packing it in for today!!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Just had to use Firefox browser to upload a photo on another thread as Edge is not working yet again with the formatting link :(
    Will just have to live with it and switch browsers when required.

Regards, Hazel