Photo uploading test thread

I don't wish to exclude anyone so please forgive the narrow perspective here.

We have TWO types of picture contributors:

Snappers - who post mainly screenshots from live events on webcams.

Photographers - who have probably invested thousands of pounds in equipment and many hours of time to produce wonderful wildlife photographs.

The two categories have different requirements, I would think.  I am in the first category.

=======================================================

=======================================================

I am dragging 'n dropping this group of snaps, which are in reverse date order, as our live action shots would be:

The above were uploaded via the Insert box file upload, with the sizes both set to 550xZero and the originals not resized.

======================================================

======================================================

Snaps dragged en masse, this is how they appear AFTER POSTING:

Screenshot of how the snaps appeared after I had dragged 'n dropped them but before posting:

As I have been finding it difficult to arrange those snaps into a single column and place comments ahead of each, I'm posting this now to see how it looks.

• As you can see, the dragged 'n dropped snaps do become a single column after posting, but there is no space between them for comments. I am finding it difficult to create spaces without losing the snaps themselves, probably due to incompetence/lack of practice...

I have to post this separately so's to be able to get into rich formatting, using the edit on my OP not being an option as I don't want to change it in any way.

=======================

=======================

EDIT - I lost this post due to not dragging into exactly the right place - as happened to someone the other day, the snap/s opened in full screen and the "post so far" was lost.

Having other things to do, I shall return to this another time, maybe there will be tips awaiting me from cleverer members :)

• Just what the doctor ordered, Bob :) I think my tremor is hindering me, I do have other mousy problems related to it.

Thank you very much, I shall practise later :)))

EDIT - but see how big mine came out, without resizing :o

• Having a go at separating them now.

I lost one above.

==================

Try again... and again... and again...

• Ah this is a good thread to have - thanks Scylla for posting thus bumping it as I have just been on about uploading photos and the sizing was another issue I found. This will at least let me play around with images.
  • QUOTE Bob's_Still_Retired:

The biggest problem is that the IT team have told us that they will not resize the default because it slows down the webpage. Therefore the assumption is that if we edit the display size ourselves, are we responsible for slowing down other people's pleasure hopefully the IT team will get back to us on that at some Point.

I've noticed that some of my dragged 'n dropped pictures "unfold" on the page rather than display instantly, plus they're very large despite leaving the default 320x240 setting in place.  And that's on quite a high-powered laptop.

• They both look the same but if you click on them they will open at the saved size.
  • test post

I am still trying to select all images and resize opposed to having to do them individual :-(

•   Oh dear. (again). Dragging from where to what ? I don't understand. Sigh  Picture by Mike And Monty in fog by Alis

• Unknown said:
    Dragging from where to what ?

Drag with your mouse FROM the folder on your hard drive TO the RF area here.  (The original pic will remain in situ, it just gets copied over.)