This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Community upgrade is live!

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience over the last week or so while the community has been in lockdown. Good news – the upgrade has now been implemented and you’re free to start commenting and posting across the community again.

With the upgrade I’m sure you’ll notice quickly that there are some minor differences in how you find and create posts, please give it a bit of time to get used to it. To help we’re producing some step by step guides about the most commonly used feature’s on here which will be posted in this thread as well. We're hoping to have these live by the end of the week.

While the community has been thoroughly checked we’re sure that the eagle-eyed amongst you will find some issues so please if you do find any errors drop them in this thread that we’ll be moderating to make sure any issues are picked up on and corrected asap.

We know you’ve been keen to get some new features on the community as part of the upgrade and I have some news on that as well.

• So you should now find that as standard all users have permission to format their posts, something I’m sure you’ll all agree has been sorely missing.
  • We have also figured out a way that you can upload multiple images at once within forum posts and comments. This isn’t a perfect solution and we’ll likely be doing some work to make it much more user friendly for you all in the future, but in the mean time I’ll be posting a how to guide for this within this forum soon.

Thanks again for the enthusiasm and support, we hope you like it.

RSPB Digital Team

• Hi all,

The team have been going through your survey replies and posts here to look into what updates might be required. We're aware of a number of things you've flagged and are looking into how we can make an update very soon. We're particularly keen to look into the format of replies to threads (i.e. indenting and oldest first) and how users upload media.

We've taken the survey down for now as we have a lot of feedback and will use this to look into how these improvements might take shape. We'll let you know when any updates are available.

RSPB Digital Team

• Will you please consult us before implementing them to avoid making things worse ?

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Some members are talking about leaving this forum because of the upgrade. Please go back to the format of this forum before this upgrade took place..

Regards,

Ian.

Regards,

Ian.

• I'm not so bothered about the photo size as the layout of the forum, & the threads in particular where posts end up all over the place. We need to go back to a simple chronological order or I won't be staying long!

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Thank you for the suggestions re the survey.  However, I took the day off and now see that the survey has been taken down.  I do think that my responses on the original will have put across my opinions quite well, even at that early stage.

IMAGICAT

• Got three spam here from what looks like China :( 

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• You will have to find the back door :) 

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• I hate the 'x days' ago for time of a post.  The time and date is hidden underneath it - wave the cursor over and it shows up.  Why not have that showing instead, with the time.  That will become imperative during the osprey season.

I hate not being able to reach the bottom of the thread quickly.  I scroll all the way down to the bottom, reading posts.  If I wish to respond I can control home to get to the top to click on reply which brings up a reply box.  But how do I consult/reread the bottom posts as I respond.  I can't do control end, as it only goes so far, and I have to click view more, again and again.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Thanks Sheila for teaching me about precise time & date ... that had passed me by in all the confusion!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Sheila

After you reply,

how about  goback to top( Jons post) then litlle scroll down SELECT NEWEST

CHOL:):) going to see if that works Doh!! will EDiT in a mo....

EDIT Yay! it does show as reply to your post but Wendys reply is underneath , presume cos i pushe REPLY to yours and not wendys. DOh!!