HELP NEEDED. Crazy crow relentlessly attacking our house. Tried everything!

I was hoping someone can come up with a way to stop a very very persistant crow from attacking our house.  We have tried everything we can think of.  He has been attacking every morning for the last three weeks.  He often hurts himself and leave blood all over the windows.  Sometimes he even knocks himself right out.  (Although I am not feeling that sympathetic if I am honest)  He either flies at the window or pecks at  it until we disturb him.

We have painted, covered and netted most of the downstairs windows but as soon as we barricade one area he moves to another.  Today, he started attacking the porch at the front of the house having previously only attacked the back of the house.   I have not heard many crows in previous years but this year there seems to be millions of them.  We have lots of magpies and Redkites.  I have also tried decals.  He seems timid of humans and flies away as soon as he is disturbed.   I understand why he does it but I would welcome any advice as to how to stop him and also as to whether we can expect him, or his friends to do it in future years.  I would also like to know if people have any idea as to whether he will attack the upstairs windows as he hasn't yet done this. 

We live in South Oxfordshire in a residential area about a mile from open fields.  

Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Thanks

Jo

• hi,

thanks for the quick response.

I found some green tinted low tac plastic 'glass protector' at the local hardware store..  I am hoping that will work.

• Alan has suggested the most effective option, clingfilm removes the reflectivity of the glass, removing the trigger for this behaviour. This is what we recommend on a daily basis, it is a relatively common occurence, so I would suggest giving this cheap and practical option a go.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• ok, the green tacky film has worked so far.  I have had to put it on all the patio doors and ground level windows up to a height of about 4  feet.  I made sure there was nothing he could perch on close to the normal height windows.  I am going to leave it on for a good while longer though as I don't won't him coming back and I am hoping he will find something else to attack.

The green film cost about 12 pounds for a 60cm x 25m roll so its more expensive than cling film but I expect it will stay on the windows better.

I will update if he returns.

thanks

• If you do go for the cling film option it is best to tape it around the edges to keep it in place. I hope your green film idea continues to work!

Warden Intern at Otmoor.