Collard Doves

Hello, 

I have a mummy collard dove nested by my bedroom window with her chick who is about a week old now. 

We have watched mummy and daddy dove patiently incubate and change over regularly. Daddy dove is normally on our fence or in the garden as we have ducks and chickens. 

However, I found out today that next doors cat caught and ate a collard dove in the last couple of days. I cannot see and have not seen daddy dove in the last couple of days. 

I have been thinking of ways to prop a food dish near mummy so she can survive with baby. (They are nestled on a satellite dish bracket).

Do you have any other advice on what to do please? 

Maybe best nutrition or how to keep her calm. We have recently many animals in our garden and raised many ducklings of our own and do want this mummy and baby to be at risk.

Many thanks

J

• Update:
    So after not having seen Daddy dove for a couple of days he is still here and isn't the one that was sadly eaten by a cat.
    I think the wild wind must have moved him to shelter.
    There are two chick's, very fluffy possibly older than a week?
    Mummy left the nest for a while to sit with daddy and I got a picture of the chick's.

I have fashioned two bowls to the window call with wild bird feed and dried meal worms with a dish of water too.

I hope it helps either way. There are so many cats around here.