So who raises the baby curlews?

I was recently told that once young curlews hatch the female then leaves the male to do all the hard work.  I thought this applied to dotterels - do curlews also behave like this?  And, does any other wader?

Many thanks for any help!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Lest anyone leap to conclusions, that is not to imply that Clare would be better named as Clafe--Clare is definitely infinitely a far better name--lol!

Kind regards, Ann

• Not to worry, Catlady, all is well; I'm not in the slightest upset! (And I also thought it was part of the joke--ha, ha!) But people have had difficulty remembering which of the possible spellings I use for my name from the time I started school; I sometimes have the same problem remembering how other Anns/Annes spell the name! I always felt and still do that the sensible option for me was not to be bothered about it except for when it comes to official documents. Which was just as well because now I have a surname which has the same issue, too--my husband's surname is one with 2 main possible spellings and people often choose the wrong one. Hence, I have carried on not being bothered by it unless it is for an official document. After all, it is not on the order of climate change, war, genocide, sexism, or a raft of other things more world shaking.

Kind regards, Ann