Neighbour in Holland Park W11, shooting pigeons from his house (3rd floor) in my garden

Hi all,

Today I was sitting working away in my friends home, she looked out the window and saw a pigeon fly past then suddenly fall ( My friend is on the raised ground floor) My friend who's property it it, ran out to the garden to save the pigeon and looked up to see a man from is third floor taking aim at other pigeons in my garden. He lives 2 doors down the pigeon was shot over her next door neighbours garden and fell into her garden. She saw him and and he slithered into his window the barrel of the rifle withdrew, I called the police immediately, I then left the house to see a swat team behind vans and opposite making there way to his house. One armed officer beckoned me over and had a brief word and told me to go back inside. I was off to work and left, I know I did the right thing as there are kids playing in the gardens every day,  to have a 65 year old so called well to do living in a multi million pound house stalking prey out of his window in Holland park at 1530 in the afternoon is absolutely shocking. I hope and pray the police took his gun away, and hopefully prosecuted him, so he can not harm these innocent animals that live in the city of no fault of their own, I have seen as we all have cruelty become a habit as we continually encroached onto their habitat, we've taken their trees their homes for centuries, we run them over , we eat them, we poison them, and think nothing of it, and then call them pests. Animals deserve to live. I am still shocked that this type of backward behaviour and mindset still is prevalent today. This is my first time I have voiced my feelings as this hurts me to the core, and today it just tipped me to say act.

• vekstar99 said:
    to have a 65 year old so called well to do living in a multi million pound house stalking prey out of his window in Holland park at 1530 in the afternoon is absolutely shocking.

I couldn't agree more.  So pleased you did the right thing and called the police.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.