Cornish Barn Owls 2018 (C) Barn Owl Trust & Wildlife TV ... all pics/vids posted with their kind permission!

Happy New Year everyone!

Great start with lovely captures of our pair ... but mighty strange about that 'third' one ... maybe a late 'first footer'  Lol!

Good to have some colour Scylla, hope you are continuing to improve!

Gales seem to be a bit of a fixture just lately, another blow overnight promised here, stay safe all!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

one on the far side of box.

• 20:20 He's still there and very quiet.

20:56 Behind the box

20:58 One onto the box, then the tray. Had a quick peak in and the other came onto the box. That one then flew to the back, the one on the tray flew downwards

21:05 I can't see or hear either of them now

21:32 Rasping from one juvenile, not on view

21:43 One in, onto the front beam before jumping across to the tray. Still calling

21:45 Left the barn but then came back 21:46 Continuous rasping

21:56 The other one is close to the barn, calling too

• Owls into box this morning plus a bit longer to show cuteness & that odd light effect ...

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I love the sunlight in the box. It happens around 9:00 most mornings (only when the sun is shining though! lol)

• 22:07 Left the barn again

Just the one rasping

23:10 Silence. EN/EB Goodnight

• Didn't realise about the sunlight colour-change until you & Kate posted about it!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Morning all

One been one edge of middle beam since earl and now starting pre flight ritual CHOL:):)

obviously false info for you Doh! as still settled on the beam CHOL:):)

UPDATE

one in box, when I looked during day one stayed almost out of sight on the middle beam

• Good evening Kate :)

20:10 He's still in there giving an occasional loud rasp. The barn is empty

20:12 After a wing stretch, he left the box and moved to the middle beam. Quiet now

21:11 He jumped onto the front beam, then the tray and left the barn at 21:12  Although there were initial rasping calls close by, they are slightly more distant now. No sign of the juvenile female.

22:08 In with prey

22:16 Went to the middle beam once he'd finished eating. Since the food delivery, the female juvenile has been calling close to the barn.

22:46 He left to join his 'sister' who had been calling loudly too. There may have been a delivery to her  just prior to him leaving.

22:48 Just him rasping now

22:53 Another food delivery. He brought it into the box, leaving it in the near left corner. She is calling again.

22:56 He left the box and barn but then the other appeared on the back beam! Flew out at 22:57

23:08 Another delivery brought in by the juvenile male(?), I think, and put down on the tray.

23:15 This one is still there and rasping, the other is nearby too.

23:20 Another food delivery outside the barn. Flew in, onto the front beam then disappeared to the back of the barn out of view

23:25 The juvenile on the tray had gone (I was posting on here so missed where it went) the other is still at the back of the barn (some slight movement partly hidden by the diagonal)

23:30 Calling from both of them but nothing on view. Really good to see that the juveniles are being well provided for! :)  Goodnight

• Morning Sandra

Food still on the tray just one on the Beam

• Good morning Kate :)

8:55 The same scene.

That prey is rather large.