A few from Landguard Point .......... plus a few more from the following day.

It was cold, dull and windy here yesterday afternoon ........ but at least it wasn't raining!  It seemed like a good idea to go to Landguard Point, to see what was about:

I'm inclined to think that this is a young great black-backed gull, as the beak looks quite big.

Common seal (hopefully!)

Two of four turnstones wandering about on the old pier.

'Watch out for the incoming tide!'

Finishing with a wood pigeon who looked most put out at being discovered minding its own business (eating).

Enjoy!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Lovely selection photos Clare, think I recognise that handsome photographer fellow, seems far too long since we were all together in Regents Park. Must have been so refreshing breathing in that sea air whilst taking in all the nature around, lovely post, thanks

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Nice pics again Clare, agree you've got a common seal as the grey seal has a more pointed head. I do like Turnstones, there were dozens on the beach at Titchwell on Sun picking over all the washed up shells from the storms.

Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/

• It was a much calmer (and warmer) day yesterday so we went back for more:

I'm pretty sure this is a young herring gull.

A beautiful wheatear.

The lovely Waggy chatting away!

A turnstone on the hunt for bugs.

I wish every wader was this confiding.

Is this wood pigeon subtly trying to suggest we should get knotted?

Finishing with a beautiful, gleaming crow.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

Another lovely set of photos Clare, the Wheatear is such a beauty We 've seen quite a few over the years on the seaward land near the Martellow tower at the ferry.

Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/

• Beautiful photos Clare and bonus to get that fabulous looking wheatear which tones in perfectly to the rocky perch but love them all, thanks.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again"