Where can I see common frogs in Cambridge?

Out of all animals I had plans to photograph, this one was the last I ever expected to ask about how to find it. Frogs are really common, apparently, and yet I got a tawny owlet picture on my third try and after a month of searching I have not just not photographed, but not seen any frogs!

I want to find common frogs for 2 reasons. the first is photographs- I have been dreaming about a picture of a common frog part-submerged under water with its eyes sticking above the surface just as much as dreaming of finding sparrowhawks and tawny owls, which are both things I have succeeded in. Not with the frogs!

The second is a science project. I want to collect about 5 frogs and fro a while see how their activity varies if fed different foods. I would return them to the same place I took them from later. 

If anyone has seen frogs specifically in Cambridge, please do let me know. If not, then how best should I see them? I have waited early in the morning, I have scoured my garden with a flashlight, I have skirted around muddy ponds and stared at Byron's pool. 

I have never had such difficulties since 2018 when I couldn't see the peregrines in the city for a record nine months! And these are frogs! 

Do tell me how to achieve this, please

Gleb

• What course are you actually studying that requires you to remove frogs from their natural habitat and perform an experiment on them???
  • Not a course. An EPQ project. Choose any topic you want
  • And your project supervisor has approved your idea...Maybe when you mature you shall think differently about our wonderful world of wildlife and actually care about it!
  • Inappropriate behaviour?
    I will remove frogs from their natural habitat, keep them for a few days to do the experiment, then put them back in place. Is that inappropriate behaviour? No, it isn't. Unless you are conservation fetishists who also get triggered when schedule 1 birds are photographed near the nest without a license.
    Inappropriate behaviour is dissecting the frogs I caught, or torturing and killing them.
    This isn't.
    Think what you want, it doesn't matter. Another wildlife community was much more supportive. I'll collect only five frogs for this experiment, all of which will survive. I once kept one for a week and later saw it again, quite healthy and also quite some time later.
    I am sorry, but I don't really care that frogs will be stressed out. I agree this was a bad choice, but deciding between getting a U and stressing out a few frogs is really simple. Not to mention it is only five frogs. I am not going to dissect them, or anything.
  • Like I said, this was a bad idea, but it is too late to go back now.
    Again, stressing out a few frogs or a U. Tough choice. Cambridge University or avoiding being called 'unethical' and not caring about wildlife.
    Here is more information about the setup:
    I will catch frogs with gloves on, and put them in my handbag to take home, which is very big. I previously used it for school. I will make it slightly damp inside. 
    I have already decided to fill up a bath which has not bee used for 7 years for them to a comfortable temperature for them, including a damp ledge for them to sit in when not swimming.
    I will keep them for five days, fed regularly.
    Then, I will put them back in the same place I found them it.

• Everyone reading this, I have also been reported as abusive and spam for defending Cambridge professors. Seriously, judge for yourself- who knows more, me, someone applying to Cambridge this year and who talked to professors, went to masterclasses and listened to lectures on aplications?
    Or a Gloucester dad who just saw his daughter get in there? And is not a member of the University, nor of the accepting committee?

Also, I don't see any mention of GCSE grades there, or A-level grades, there, Robbo. 

• @ Gleb B,    I have been very reluctant to engage in this post as I consider what you have written to be pretty much ill-considered, somewhat juvenile in "tit for tat in dialogue with Robbo"   but above all contradicting your own words;      I refer to your answer to THIS POST   quote:  " Disturbing birds like that and destroying their natural habitat is in my eyes a wildlife crime"         You clearly do not approve of birds being disturbed and also damage to their habitat which I'm sure most of us would all agree with whole-heartedly;     what I don't understand is how you think you can collect frogs (for whatever reason) take them out of their natural habitat to carry out your experiments for a few days and then return them without any understanding or consideration of the impact your collection and return could have on the frogs;     you say you don't care if you stress frogs out ........ after all grades must come first in your view and putting anyone with the title of Professor on a worshipping pedestal     - does the frogs welfare mean that they are so much less important to you than birds are (or Professors come to that matter ! )  when it comes to the natural world around us and the whole eco system and totally disregarding all ethics when it comes down to doing generally what is humanly considered to be the right thing for the welfare and respect of all creatures and their habitat ?     Getting grades and into Uni are your top priority .... and to heck with anything else.       I have said my piece, won't be commenting further as I'm sure you're quite keen to keep this post rolling but suggest you find somewhere else to ask where to find species of interest to you as we are a group here who put conservation, consideration and respect at the very top of our CV's.   it's what makes us caring human beings with thought for others and creatures around us rather than serving our own self interest.   

• The next time I post here, will do so with the results of the experiment, which in your eyes is frog torture and abuse, and in my eyes a simple investigation. Frogs can live very well after this, I have seen that with my own eyes. I kept a frog as a pet for a week and then released it. A month later saw it jumping around in my garden. It seems to have even increased in size.
    So yes, I care more about grades and less about some lesser creatures thinking I'll kill them and stressing out.
    Yes, I will do just that. All of that. will remove frogs from their habitat, do the experiment, then put them back.
  • I won't do this to them, but what do you think of dissections?
    Oh and also for the record, I do put frog welfare far below bird welfare.