To the river..... before Billy, Bobby. Brian or Brendan batters us

Still using up holiday before year end so went to the river before the forecast gales descended upon us.

Still getting used to "big" lens so that's my excuse for some of the fuzziness 

Greeted by Mrs BB (well sort of greeted, this was pic 28 of the day, it was still pre sun-up and I didn't realise how much big lens would be effected by lack of light, I've discarded several cormorants, a heron and a couple of moorhen!)

Anyhow, back to my stalkers

There were at least 6 different birds, flying over, flying round or swimming along the 200m stretch I usually meander along

There were 2 different Kingfishers I saw

There were numerous gulls about (black headed I think?)

A couple of land-side birds, rooks, various tits, robins and a wren that I managed to miss seeing completely until it nearly took my nose off flying in front of me!

There was the family of swans, all present and correct, and also two other pairs

So, unfortunately, the only properly nice light fell on the black bird, not the stunningly coloured one lol

Sorry, Tony, I whispered as loudly as I could, but no sign of the otters. I'll get down there a few more times before you're down this way and will keep you updated.

• Lovely thread and photos PB and it wouldn't be the same with a Cormorant in it so thanks !! Looks such a great area with Kingies, swans, gulls, corvids and smaller birds and I can't wait to see some more Otter pics again :) We'll keep sending you back until you get them using the new gear !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:
    We'll keep sending you back

Ohh, if I have to

• LOL PB ! Brendan looks like it's arriving now in NW; squally showers and breeze picking up so don't think we'll be venturing very far this week :(

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Yeah, about half hour ago it started proper raining, and is now proper blowing too. Don't think I'll be out tomorrow, then back to work Wednesday :(
  • That's a lot of Kingies you get, as well as a lot of stalkers. Better luck with the sun next time

Nige   Flickr

• Brilliant photos considering the light, and the gull is a black headed gull, in winter plumage.

The big beauty of digital photography, you can snap away at no big financial expense, just the time taken to sort trough hundreds of photos. But hey, what a great way to learn how to push the limits and widen ones skills....

Pssst, don;t let on to Mrs PR, but its a great way of keeping out of her way.... 

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Nigel O:

Nigel O said:
    That's a lot of Kingies you get, as well as a lot of stalkers. Better luck with the sun next time

Stalkers?

Isn't there a law against that sort of thing! 

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler