To the river..... before Billy, Bobby. Brian or Brendan batters us

Still using up holiday before year end so went to the river before the forecast gales descended upon us.

Still getting used to "big" lens so that's my excuse for some of the fuzziness Grin

Greeted by Mrs BB (well sort of greeted, this was pic 28 of the day, it was still pre sun-up and I didn't realise how much big lens would be effected by lack of light, I've discarded several cormorants, a heron and a couple of moorhen!)

Anyhow, back to my stalkers

There were at least 6 different birds, flying over, flying round or swimming along the 200m stretch I usually meander along

There were 2 different Kingfishers I saw

There were numerous gulls about (black headed I think?)

A couple of land-side birds, rooks, various tits, robins and a wren that I managed to miss seeing completely until it nearly took my nose off flying in front of me!

There was the family of swans, all present and correct, and also two other pairs

So, unfortunately, the only properly nice light fell on the black bird, not the stunningly coloured one lol

Sorry, Tony, I whispered as loudly as I could, but no sign of the otters. I'll get down there a few more times before you're down this way and will keep you updated.