Wildlife pond

I have been busy making my pond into more of a Wildlife pond 

I used to have frogs but I havnt had any tadpoles this year and no frogs came back and cause my 2 fishes passed away Iv decided to make it into more of a Wildlife pond and I had to remove most of the Duckweed yesterday with my crabing net so I was wondering if anyone would like to see the progress of my Wildlife pond and the outcome after iv done everything so I thought Id do a post so people can keep up to date on it 

here is my pond before I removed all the duckweed 

After I got rid of most of the duckweed I found some water  slaters and after I finished a bee fly took some interest in the pond and checked it out then a drone fly had a drink. when I went out with Mum this morning I got some native watercress and removed the plants someone gave me for a fish pond

I was going to take an update photo when I spotted some rocks 

in the water so I had to get them out 

I got most of the leafs out aswell the watercress is on the right 

Im hopeing to attract other things not just frogs so im hopeing to attract pond skaters and other Wildlife that might benefit from it aswell

• A Ant drinking nector and pollen from my Water forget me not

• Im thinking of putting the marginal water forget me not in the shallow part of the pond they can be put in shallow water up to 10cm so that It can also provide habitat for the underwater species aswell
  • 2 hoverflys meet at the pond 

• The pond has been very busy this morning so far.

Hoverflys love the watercress. Ants and hoverflys like the forget me not but the Hoverflys seem particularly fond of the watercress. The Bumblebees love the Watercress and arnt as interested in the water forget me not.  hoverflys visit the watercress more often than the Bumblebees but  the Bumblebees  do visit sometimes

• The Watercress has grown a lot and spread very quickly so so I might need to control the plant so it doesn’t completely take over the pond I just need to figure out how to control it 

• I have put the water forget me not on the other side of the pond for now so that it has more room. The creeping Jenny is being tangled up in the watercresses roots so should have put it on the other side like with the water forget me not but I didn’t realise the watercresses roots would spread so far on all sides. The creeping Jenny has already tightly rooted but I have moved the water forget me not to the other side cause it hasnt rooted yet and has more space on all sides.

• the creeping Jenny has flowered now. I haven’t seen anything visit it yet but it hasn’t been long since it started flowering 

I noticed it on the 22nd 

• The pond is looking very good Zo. Watercress is nice in a sandwich.
  • Unknown said:
    The pond is looking very good Zo. Watercress is nice in a sandwich.

Thanks. For the reply And sorry I didn’t see your notification. Though I’m usually very busy during the summer months  I have  more busy than usual So im  behind a lot of things.  Cause I was on holiday most of the month last month  In July  I havnt been able to look after my pond last month but I have started keeping an eye on it recently. Iv never eaten watercress before but I’m just going to leave it for the Wildlife. The watercress has taken over even more of the pond than 2 months ago but I have been trying to make sure it doesn’t take over too much so there is still some room in the Pond for the Wildlife under the water. Hoverflys really enjoyed the watercress in particular 

• The creeping Jenny did have hoverflys visit them in the end but not as much or as often as the watercress the creeping Jenny is starting to die back now and so is the watercress. The watercress has finished flowering and some of it has appeared to manage to duplicate itself so I have a big bunch next to my creeping Jenny in the pond where it wasn’t before. I have been getting rid of dead stems My pond has been very full from rainfall some time ago but the water forget me not is still in there it’s just very submerged. Its still alive though but floating around like the watercress was.

Species wise I still have the Water Slaters and blood worms and recently Iv found some small yellow eggs in the pond