Wildlife pond

I have been busy making my pond into more of a Wildlife pond 

I used to have frogs but I havnt had any tadpoles this year and no frogs came back and cause my 2 fishes passed away Iv decided to make it into more of a Wildlife pond and I had to remove most of the Duckweed yesterday with my crabing net so I was wondering if anyone would like to see the progress of my Wildlife pond and the outcome after iv done everything so I thought Id do a post so people can keep up to date on it 

here is my pond before I removed all the duckweed 

After I got rid of most of the duckweed I found some water  slaters and after I finished a bee fly took some interest in the pond and checked it out then a drone fly had a drink. when I went out with Mum this morning I got some native watercress and removed the plants someone gave me for a fish pond

I was going to take an update photo when I spotted some rocks 

in the water so I had to get them out 

I got most of the leafs out aswell the watercress is on the right 

Im hopeing to attract other things not just frogs so im hopeing to attract pond skaters and other Wildlife that might benefit from it aswell

• Still got more to do though. If that was all I wouldn’t get very far so I thought I’d make the post in case anyone wants to see the progress.  I don’t know if anyone does or not so  I made the post just in case 

• Well All I can say is I don’t know cause no one has acknowledged my post but I hope some people  do enjoy the  post and the updates

• I have now bought a native creeping Jenny to go next to my native watercress 

They flower in May 

• Plants in a pond.

Watermint. Marsh marigold. Hornwort.

Watermint can be a bit of a thug, but is easily controllable.

Rocks under the water aren't a bad thing. They provide crevices for aquatic wildlife to hide under/between.
  • tuwit said:
    Plants in a pond.

Watermint. Marsh marigold. Hornwort.

Watermint can be a bit of a thug, but is easily controllable.

Rocks under the water aren't a bad thing. They provide crevices for aquatic wildlife to hide under/between.

Thanks for the comment. They do have Watermint and Marsh Marigold 

im thinking of getting water forget me not when they are in stock again and marsh marigold. With rocks under the water I was just concerned about things like dirt from the stones gettng into the pond. The stones keep falling in cause a few of the people that look after us come Over  with there dogs when there on cause they can’t leave them at home so the dogs acidently knock them in 

• That't a great little pond Zo. Welll done. Let us know what you get in it ... Thumbsup

• Billysdad said:

That't a great little pond Zo. Welll done. Let us know what you get in it ...

Thanks.  Yes I will 

• My creeping Jenny is a lot longer now than it was I still havnt had a chance to go and get the water forget me not yet. But hopefully I will be able to.
  • I have had insects going for a dip ever since I cleared the pond of a lot of the duckweed and today when I took some stuff like leafs out with my net that acumalated in the water I found lots of larvae

• Possibly Knat or mosquito larvae