Scottish Wildcat

Been hearing of the devastating news that scottish wildcat numbers may be down to 35, my question is this....is it too late to save this iconic species. Sad times!

• I'm ashamed to be living in an era where we don't do enough for all creatures great and small.

• Unknown said:

I'm ashamed to be living in an era where we don't do enough for all creatures great and small.

Wilbur,I reckon most forum users feel the same way,we can only keep doing our own little bit and support the bigger societies like RSPB and wildlife trusts who do have a lot of clout.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Hi  Wilbur - I know the situation is sad, but on a positive note I visited an otter sanctuary recently and they had a Scottish Wildcat breeding programme there. Any young from these will be released into the Highlands, so fingers crossed- just hope it's not too late.

Beautiful Scottish Wildcat

Best wishes , Jayne

See my Flickr photos here.

• Only ever seen 2 confirmed wild cats in all the years I walked and climbed in Scotland plus a few that were either feral or cross bred.There is something magnificent about the way a true wild tom struts his stuff.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can