BTO Winter thrush survey

Our friends at the BTO are undertaking an online winter thrush survey this year and with fiedlfares already being recorded on our shores and flocks of mistle thrushes gathering it's probably a good time to start looking out for them. Interested in getting involved, have a look at the link below.

http://www.bto.org/volunteer-surveys/winter-thrushes

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• It may be just me but the setting up of the map is not easy,would be better if you could put a grid ref.in instead of fiddling around with the full map.Gave up on trying to set my 3rd site up tonight,The system is very user friendly once you get it set up.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Doggie  think you can route your walk outside the square,it seemed to work for me last night when I tried (successfully) to set up my 3rd map.It will be interesting to see the results  being able to pinpoint sightings on the map is great for recording

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• I had a bit of trouble with the map too, but I didn't try going outside the square.  I'm going to have another look now though, to see if going over the edge a bit would work better.  My usual route is across 3 squares, but the place where I saw most fieldfares and redwings last year is just in one of them, so I decided to just do that square.  I went out for a look today, but it was very wet (and they're probably not here yet anyway - midlands).  Heard a blackbird though.  I'm hoping it'll nudge me to do more walking this winter!