Destruction of environment for birds in our cities

I am concerned about the destruction of environment for birds in our cities, particularly the construction of large enclosures to prevent birds from roosting at the back of buildings. My neighbours have constructed such an enclosure at the back of our building. At more than 1,000 cubic meters, it is huge and has driven away all birds from the garden it encloses – not just pigeons, but small birds as well. I have complained to the council about this structure and its lack of planning permission – Google 'Daily Mail De Vere Gardens'. Whilst there is some self-interest in this matter, there is also the wider issue of the destruction of environment for birds in our cities. This case is important as it establishes the need for people to obtain planning permission before erecting large anti-bird enclosures. It is also important because of the precedent it would set if planning permission was granted. The only other precedent found by my neighbour’s QC related to the use of netting to protect the roof of a building in a small town – see attached. Therefore, if planning permission is granted in this case then the rest of the houses in the street would be able to erect similar netting at the back of their buildings. Indeed, I suspect it would not be long before large anti-bird enclosures became common-place throughout London and other cities. Does RSPB have any policy in this area? What are other people's views on this?